Chapter 13

Song for the chapter: Lovely by Kendrick Lamar.

"I wanna be with you girl,
I wanna be with you."

Munachi

My mouth hung open at the sight of Eniola AKA Sisi. She could easily pass as a Disco ball. I don't think it's normal for anyone to wear a dress this shiny to a pastel themed party but whatever, she's the birthday girl after all. The gem stones on her dress shone so bright like the lights in the party room. I watched as she walked around greeting guests with the most cheerful smile I've ever seen.

"Ogade look at this girl oh. I know celebrants like to go out of their way but she's wearing a dress of many gems." Ijeoma covered her mouth as she quivered in laughter.

I looked down at my dress and I marveled at the material. Ijeoma really went out of her way to get the most beautiful and comfortable dresses for us. I was wearing a short fashionnova purple dress with glass heels. My makeup done by my one and only self and the edges of my black silky pin-straight human hair laid to perfection.

My friends were equally looking their best. Ijeoma was wearing a red short silky dress from Gucci, her shoe from Gucci too and Shalewa was wearing an off shoulder brown dress from Primark and her strapless heels from wherever she said she got it from. I snapped out of my thoughts when a waiter tapped my shoulder.

"What would you like to order ma'am?" He asked with the most polite smile. His smile was almost sickening but I smiled in return.

"Whatever my friends are having." I answered and he walked away with a tray in his hands.

"Have you forgotten that her father's name is Joseph. Remember Joseph in the Bible had the coat of many colors." Shalewa smirked as she sipped her glass of wine slowly and i laughed quietly but Ijeoma was failing so hard to hide her laughter because the girls from the nearby table turned to us and I muttered a quick apology to them.

"That really explains her oversabi." I thanked the waiter as he dropped the bottle of champagne on the table and I poured a little in a glass cup.

"Look at Siju looking like the son of a..." Ijeoma paused when she saw that shalewa was looking emotional. "Shalewa we should be thinking of ways that we're going to embarrass him not you looking like black widow." She turned to me abruptly. "Abi no be so? You get to advise this Shalewa oh. Babe you're falling my hand big time."

"Ahah Ijeoma calm down abeg." I playfully scolded.

"Wait oh! Is that the girl that he's with now?" Shalewa asked in between laughter and I looked at the girl Siju was holding close and I burst out in laughter.

"Please, please did someone see circus on the invitation card?" Ijeoma whispered and we all burst out in laughter. "No for real now or are we missing the dress code."

"Ify is a better makeup artist than this girl." I commented.

"Even a better fashion icon my dear." Shalewa added. "His loss! He doesn't deserve my tears at all."

"That's my girl! We chasing bags this year not whack men." Ijeoma flipped her hair and I stuck out my tongue in excitement.

"What kind of DJ is this abeg? We came to a party not a funeral so He should turn it up in here abeg." Ijeoma asked almost loudly completely ignoring the fact that the girls nearby were throwing us dirty stares for being too loud.  "And by the way why am I not seeing Folarin?"

And as if the DJ heard, He changed the song to Way too big by Burna boy and Ijeoma smiled.

"What are you smiling at?" Shalewa asked.