Chapter 25

Song for the chapter: Loyalty by Ajebo hustlers.

"She don't want my money
She don't want nobody
She just wants loyalty."

Munachi.

Getting tangled in a situation like this was never part of he plan but I found myself slowly getting comfortable with the thought of Mide in my life. After our date at the Ekó hotel and suites we had proceeded to go on numerous dates.

"Earth to Muna!" Ijeoma interrupted my thoughts and I sighed as I stirred my cup of coffee.

We were currently seated in Lovers coffee shop at Lekki, one of our best spots to have coffee and just chill.

"You've been zoning out a lot lately..anything you want to talk about?"

"I'm just stressed." I lied.

"Okay what does your fortune sticker say." She asked enthusiastically.

The coffee shop made sure they added fortune cookies to every customer's order each day and that was always the highlight of visiting this place.

"You go first." I smiled as I broke open my fortune cookie.

"Your smile lights up a room and someone's life is about to be lit up by it." She laughed. "This is it darling!"

"Mine says.." I paused and bit my lips. "Don't ruin your experience with love by overthinking everything, Let love and Let live. If it's going to be, it's going to be."

"Well that was a long speech." She chuckled. "Almost as if they had written it to you."

I looked up immediately from the note. "What do you mean?" I asked,my heart beating so fast.

"You've been clearly overthinking and I know that look."

"What look?" I rolled my eyes.

"The same one you had on your face when you were with Chike. Only that it wasn't as serious as this. You had that look on after he ditched you at that restaurant and I had come to pick you up." She sighed "Like you were heartbroken."

"I'm not." I gave a dry chuckle.

"Who is it? I think you're in love." she gasped and my eyes widened in shock. "No way you're hiding this from me and Shalewa." She picked up her phone and I snatched it away from her hands.

"It's Mide."

"He's the one you've been going out with?"

"I'm not going to ask how you knew that but yes."

"Wow..so what's the plan? This was supposed to be a joke but now you guys are being serious. I think you should tell Shalewa."

"And that's exactly what I plan to do." I hissed and threw my hands frantically in the air. "You guys put me in this mess. She put me in this mess."

"You really like him don't you?"

"I don't know. I really don't."

"He's not even your spec Muna." She joked and I chuckled.

"Oh since you know my spec now educate me."

"I just want you to be careful babes. I don't you to get heartbroken at the end of this whole thing." I opened my mouth to speak but she placed her finger of my lips. "I know you what you're going to say but I want you to remember that anyone can get heartbroken."

"He invited me to this wedding. At his rate I'm going to be bail on him because I'm tired of this boy drama."

"And when is this wedding?"