Chapter 12

Song for the chapter: Own it by Stormzy feat. Ed Sheeran, Burna boy.

"I don't understand it,
How you lighting up the room with your glow,
Cause girl you just own it."

•This chapter is dedicated to Elbearry57 for constantly supporting my work. Thank you!❤️

________________________
Munachi

"Trust me, I'll be fine on my own." I yelled as I walked out of the kitchen with a can of Pringles in my hand and out of nowhere, Shalewa blocked my path with her hands on her waist and a playful glare on her face.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay what is it this time?"

"You know what I want so don't act all ignorant with me." She poked my chest after every word she said. "Okay tell me why you don't want to go out with me."

"I don't want to go out with you because I don't want to." I walked to the living room and I made myself comfortable on the love seat. "Besides I've never been a fan of Eniola."

"Wow impressive! You finally got it right." She grinned like a Cheshire Cat and I cocked my eyebrows at her questioningly. "Her name. I mean you finally got her name right."

I rolled my eyes for the umpteenth time. "I'm still not going with you."

She stomped her feet on the ground repeatedly. "Why?" She yelled.

"Why?" I mimicked her. "Look, Shalewa I'll not go anywhere with you." I gave her a wry smile when I saw how dejected she looked. "Not until you tell me the main reason why we're going there."

She sat down on the opposite couch and she crossed her arms over her chest. "Now you're just being annoying. You know why I'm going to this party and you know that I don't even fancy Sisi."

"You wanted to show off your brother." I dropped the can on Pringles on the stool and I licked my lips. That is something I always do when I'm about to think. "And your brother is going there. So hurray! We can sit at home to netflix and chill."

"Sisi's party is just going to be fun and I want to have some of that fun." She said as she typed furiously on her phone.

I gave a dry chuckle. I knew Shalewa was up to something and that something, I must find out. "So it's not Eniola again. See! You better start talking oh. Time don dey go."

I picked up my phone and I pretended to go through it. Shalewa kept mute for a while but when I heard an audible sigh, I knew she was ready to talk and I smiled to myself.

Well done Muna!

"Alright Fine! Siju is going to be there

"Alright Fine! Siju is going to be there." She said quietly as she toyed with her fingers and just like that, the smile on my face disappeared.

I'm sure you must be wondering who Siju is. Well Siju is Shalewa's ex boyfriend of over two years that she caught cheating with His supposed cousin. Now I'm wondering why Shalewa would want to go to a party where she'll definitely see Him.

I walked over to where she was seated and I hugged her briefly. "Shalewa." I started But she cut me off.

"Wait oh why are you sounding like that." She turned to me abruptly and I stared at her. "I'm okay You don't have to worry about me."

"That's what everyone says. I hope you know it's absolutely okay to cry." I grabbed the box of tissues on the table and I passed it to her and before the blink of an eye she started crying. I held her in my arms and I patted her head softly.

Crying doesn't mean weakness. This is one thing I always tell my friends and family but still they like to form Hard guy.

"I'm fine now." She muttered. "Thank you so much Muna." She smiled in appreciation and I smiled back.

"Now tell me why you want to do this." I whispered.

"Stop whispering!" She grabbed a pillow nearby and she smacked my arm playfully. "Well I want to see the new bimbo he's with."

My eyes held disappointment and I knew she could see it. "And after that what are you going to do?" I waited for a reply and when none came, I cleared my throat. "Do you want to know if she's better than you or what?"

She buried her head in her hands. "I just want to see the reason why He cheated on me. What does she have that I don't have? Why did he think she was worth it? I want to see her!" She hissed.

I placed my hands on her shoulders to calm her down. "Calm down Shalewa. Look at me." I  touched her chin and she turned to me with angry eyes. "You deserve the best and that's it. Don't let any mumu make you feel otherwise." I got up and I walked around. "I mean have you looked at yourself. I think you should know that when Beyoncé sang Brown skin girl she was talking about that skin of yours."

Shalewa laughed heartily and I smiled. "Munachi! This your mouth ehn."

"If I don't hype you, who will?" I smirked.

"I will." Someone answered from the door and I screamed when I realized who it was. Shalewa was equally excited as she bounced to the door to open it.

"Yeah that's right Ijeoma will hype me." Shalewa smiled.

"Ijeoma!!" I ran to her and I hugged her as if she was some sort of life support.

"Abeg oh don't come and burst me." She whined and I smacked her head playfully. We walked into the living room hand in hand with shalewa trailing behind us, her hands filled with shopping bags.

"See that's why I love Ijeoma. Life saver!" Shalewa hailed as she peeked into the bags.

"What's in the bag?" I asked excitedly.

Ijeoma grinned. "Clothes for my girls." She placed her finger on her chin. "A special fairy told me that we were supposed to be on a mission so I set out immediately to get us weapons."

"Weapons for what if I may ask?" I decided to play dumb with her.

"We're going to dress to kill." Shalewa screamed in excitement as she ran into the room.

"We'll slay them all." Ijeoma yelled after her and I shook my head in amusement as I walked into the room with Ijeoma.

____________________________
Glossary
Time don dey go- There isn't much time left.

Hello there! It's your most inconsistent favorite author back again with another update. Let me just say the truth. I've been stressed. Stressed,stressed,stressed but I'm trying. And hopefully, I'll finish this book before the year ends. I will also make sure that I thoroughly edit this book once it's done to make it more readable and interesting.

I got a very heartwarming and funny notification the other day and guess what it was about...Someone added this book to their library of awaiting updates!😂😂❤️..Don't worry I will keep updating and updating so that one day you'll add this book to your library of best Nigerian books because that's the goal!❤️

Thank you all for reading, for voting, for everything. I Pray that one day when you start a project you'll have enough audience to push you forward, Amen.

Until next time, I remain your girl,

Derbieaize.