Chapter 27

Song for that chapter: 2 much by Justin Bieber.

"Don't wanna fall asleep
I'd rather fall in love
Cause eternity with you ain't long enough
2 seconds without you is like 2 months
And that's 2 much."

Munachimso

"He wants me to be his girlfriend!" I screamed into the phone forgetting the fact that my mother's room was just down the hall.

"Muna I just want to remind you that you're on speaker."

"Chisom he wants me to be his girlfriend." I whisper-yelled and she chuckled.

"And what did you say? I'm sure you told him that you were going to think about it. Hold on, I'm going to switch to FaceTime."

"I actually didn't." I pouted and she stared at me with shock.

"What do you mean you didn't? Muna, you and I know that you can't date this boy. There are other men in Lagos that you can fall in love with why does it have to be the one person that is offering you a complicated relationship."

"I didn't exactly say yes." I shrugged my shoulders. "I just dashed out of the car." She buried her head in her hands. "What?! I was too shocked to even speak to him so I just left."

"So what are you going to do now?" She asked and I gave her a look that said 'that's why I obviously called you'

"Okay let me drop my two cents. The first thing you need to do now is talk to your friend and if she isn't ready to spill the beans to her brother then you help her do it."

"I'll try." I sighed and Chisom hissed.

"Do it now." She insisted and I sent a text to Shalewa on my laptop. "Has she replied you?"

"She wants to call me. I'll talk to you later sis."

"Do the right thing Muna." She said before ending the call and I placed a call across to Shalewa.

"Can we meet?" She asked in a crisp tone and I told her to send the location.

We met at a cafe not too far from my house and settled in for milkshake and cake. On a normal day, we would enjoy the scenery and munch on chocolate cake but this wasn't like every normal day.

"Well long time but I've definitely been hearing a lot lately." Shalewa picked a straw from the straw cup.

"Shalewa I'm sorry about yesterday. It was a last minute thing and he really wanted a date to his friend's wedding."

"I understand so what's next? You're going to date my brother right?" She asked in a tone laced with sarcasm.

"You know I never planned for any of this to happen." I rolled my eyes.

"And you know whatever you guys have now is based on false information."

"Oh hello! Didn't think I'd run into you guys. I can't believe you decided to go out without me. I know I said I was going to take my fitness journey seriously but I'm actually thinking of giving up." Ijeoma whined as she tugged on her gym outfit. She grabbed the seat next to Shalewa as her eyes darted between the both of us. "Okay what's going on here?"

"Shalewa." I sighed deeply. "I don't understand where this tone is coming from and why you're using it on me but the last time I checked you started this."

"I didn't think you'd fall for my brother in the process."

"What part of he asked me to be his girlfriend do you not understand? Your brother wants me! I'm clearly not the one chasing him and just in case you forgot, I never chase a man."

"Okay guys stop this! People are starting to wonder why you are both staring daggers at each other." Ijeoma kissed her teeth. "Shalewa i thought we already concluded that you were going to tell your brother."

"Exactly!" I rolled my eyes as I sipped on my milkshake.

"And you Mrs I never chase a man, were you not supposed to avoid him until I was ready to explain to him."

"Someone sends flowers to my office daily, he sends flowers and gifts to my house and he calls me nonstop. Look, I may act like I don't care about anything but tell me, how exactly was I supposed to ignore that?"

"Okay did you tell Shalewa about the flowers?" Ijoeoma asked and I shook my head.

"I only told her to do the right thing by telling her brother but I didn't give her bag details because I didn't want her worrying."

"Well news flash! I'm worried now because my brother is already talking about how you're his perfect match."

"So what if she's he's perfect match Shalewa? Tell your brother you truth!" Ijeoma hissed as she beckoned on the waiter to place her order.

"You know what you're right! I'm going to do just that."

"As you should." I shrugged my shoulders.

"At the end of the day it'll shock you when your brother will propose to Muna." Shalewa joked and I smacked her arm playfully.

"That is never going to happen." Shalewa hissed. She got up from the chair and placed a wad of cash on the table. "Have a good day."

"Shalewa!" I called as I stood up to go after her but Ijeoma held me down. "Let her go, you know how her temper can be sometimes so let her chill."

I bit my lips. "All this because of her brother that she forced into my life in the first place."

"I think it will be better if you tell him yourself. I just feel like something weird is about to happen." I gave her a questioning look and she shrugged her shoulders. "I'm just saying."

I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Mide telling him to call me when he's free to talk.

________________________________