Chapter 7

Song for the Chapter: Nakupenda by Chiké feat. Ric Hassani.

"Nakupenda, Nakupenda!
Oh my baby,
Isóm agá
My baby isóm agá"
————————————————
Hey guys,
Please do not forget to drop your comments and simply tap the star below every chapter because this encourages me to write more and better. I have other books that You can also read while you wait for updates on LOVE DON'T CARE so please be sure to check them out and while you're at it my lovely readers, follow me and I'll be sure to follow back.

Enjoy..
————————————————————————

Munachi

"Nnwanne'm(My dear) that's how things turned out at the end. This woman cooked her own pot of soup and insisted that Ebuka ate from only her soup." My sister, Chisom sighed.

Chisom had come in early in the morning with a lot of junk and foodstuffs to visit us and right now we were in my room, sitting comfortably on my bed and she was giving me sweet gist about her mother-in-law while Mummy was downstairs cooking with Ify.

"And what did Ebuka say about it?" I asked, my voice coming out muffled since I had skittles in my mouth.

She cleared her throat and I laugh as she gets ready to mimick him. "Baby let me just eat her soup. Maybe this is even her way of making sure you get enough rest."

"Ah Chisom But Ebuka sounds nothing like that." I joked and we laughed again. "But on a more serious note, are you okay with everything?" I asked her with my eyebrows slightly raised.

"Muna I'm just tired. I want my privacy and my peace. Do you know that this woman barged into our room once?" I covered my mouth to hide my laughter but I was failing at it terribly. "At least she got what she deserved. She saw something that she'll never forget in her entire life and that day, I had a good laugh."

"I swear, You are a mad person." I laughed.

"Who is a mad person? Biko(please) I did not give birth to mad child." My mother waltz into my room as if she owned it and I rolled my eyes. Well technically, it was her house after all.

'Munachi please remember to add a prayer for a new apartment, in your prayer request for this year's Covenant service in church.' I said to myself.

"Mummy I'm hungry..I've missed your food so much." Chisom whined and I quietly scoffed as I stared at nothing in particular.

Chisom was even a better cook than my mother but please I didn't say anything!

"I know my dear." She sat down in between us and she pinched my cheeks. "Muna unlike you, somebody appreciates my food."

"Mummy please do you want my face to turn red?! I appreciate your food and You know it."

"What face are you talking about? Better go downstairs and help Ify out."

"Mummy!" I whined as I jumped down from the bed and she spanked my butt.

"See how this girl is growing so fast." She turned to Chisom who now had a mischievous smile on her face. "Ogini bu inha(what is this)?"

"Mummy it's the correct package! Look at her model figure." Chisom praised and I shook my head in amusement and we all burst out in laughter.

I miss the good old days when Chisom was still in the house with us. At least, all the shouting was not for me alone. We used to suffer together but now I'm on my own here. Well, Thank God I still had Ify.