Chapter 8

Song for the chapter: Need you by
Fireboy DML.

"Don't listen to them,
We don't need rumors.
I know you need me,
But I need you more."

So sorry for the late update my loves!😩 I'm probably the most inconsistent person ever but there's this reality tv show that I can't seem to stop watching and I've just been in my head a lot these past few weeks but I'm back now, with a beautiful chapter to brighten your day. I hope you love this one❤️.
______________________

Ayomide

"Look Mide you just have to go with me. How do you expect me to face them alone?" Shalewa whined as she pulled my arm repeatedly.

I groaned for the umpteenth time today. What did I do to deserve a nagging sister like Shalewa? All I wanted to do today was work from home and sleep but She had been on my neck since she got to my house this morning just because I turned down the invitation to one annoying birthday party.

"Remind me why you're here again?" I asked with my eyebrows slightly raised as I typed furiously on my laptop. "And when you say them who are you referring to?"

She grumbled before crossing her hands over her chest. "Oh come on bro don't act all dumb with me! I'm talking about my friends."

I shot her a warning glare. "Taní(who is)dumb? Or do you want me to throw you out?" I said with a hint of amusement in my voice, My eyes still trained on the device in front of me.

A small smile tugged at her lips. "Ejó(calm down)! please honor the invitation to my friend's party. I already told Her that you'll be present and you cannot spoil my plans."

I gave her a smile then I rolled my eyes. "No!"

She threw her hands into mid air in frustration and I resisted the urge to laugh at how funny she looked.

"Mide I've been begging you since for one little favor and all you have to do for that day is wear nice clothes and go with me."

I sat up straight and I crossed my arms over my chest. "The last time I checked you were not even that close to Sisi so what changed? Just in case you're forgetting Aunty Shalewa. You were never her fan so I don't know how she turned out to be one of your close friends."

Shalewa sent me an annoyed look. What did I do again? Mide how many times will I tell you that Her name is Eniola and not Sisi and for your information we are not close friends. Eniola is just..Whatever She's just there."

"Okay now hold on. I thought she didn't like to be referred to as Eniola and why are you so bent on going to this party with me when you guys aren't even close friends?" I picked up my glass of juice and I took a long sip. "Anyways, if She likes her name should be Eniola or Sisi as for me Ayomide, I'll not go to that party."

"Eniola is a good person now and her parties aren't even wild anymore." She said in a pleading tone. I cocked my eyebrows at her and she sighed defeatedly. "Okay fine she's still a bit of a blabbermouth."

"Now you're talking! I beg you, come and take your invite." I threw the card at her and she plopped down on my bed whining like a child. "And get ready to arrange this bed when you're done whining."

"But her parties aren't wild and you know she likes classy things. She's just a classy person." She sat upright. "Okay look, just come and you'll leave after some minutes. The thing is I already told her that you were coming. If you think I'm lying, see for yourself."

She threw her phone to me and I read the conversation she had with Sisi. Sorry Eniola and some other girls that I didn't know, in a groupchat.

"So basically my lovely sister, you bragged to your friends. You have exposed yourself." I threw my head back in laughter when I saw how wide her eyes were opened.

She snatched her phone away from me and I continued laughing. "You weren't supposed to read that! See Nigerians must scroll and read the other messages when you show them just one message."

I chuckled. "And Nigerians think that anyone that gets back from the abroad." I used my fingers to air-quote 'the abroad'. "Is automatically a VIP not even caring to know if the person was deported back to the country or not."

She grabbed my glass of juice and finished it all in one gulp. "That's your business. Leave me to brag in peace."

"Shut up!" I picked up my laptop and I continued working.

"So is that a yes?" She winked at me and I scoffed. "Please say yes!"

"And if I go with you, what's in for me? You know I hate clingy girls." I looked up from my laptop and stared at her. "And I don't like blabbermouths."

"I'll cook for you."

"Cook for me? I have mummy to do that or You haven't checked My freezer? Baby girl I'm loaded with soups and stews so think of a better offer." She placed her fingers on her chin and stared into space. "And don't even think of doing my laundry you know that is well taken care of."

After what seemed to be like a decade, She clapped her hands excitedly. "I have the best offer for you!"

"Wow you seem so excited I can't wait to hear what You have to say." I said sarcastically but she didn't care because she kept squeaking like a rat. "Come on hit me with your best shot and stop squeaking."

"I'm not squeaking! Can you be patient? I know You aren't going to like it but I think this is the best I can offer."

I chuckled. "Excuse you! If You know it's something I'll not like, why think of it? Okay let Me hear it."

"Okay this is it! I'll set you up on a date with any girl You like there." I laughed my lungs out and when I realized She wasn't laughing, it dawned on me that She was serious.

"Shalewa!!!"

————————————————————-

Glossary
Taní- Who is?
Ejó- Calm down.
- See.

Who else is in love with Shalewa?😂
———————————————————

Hello my lovelies,
Thank you so much for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it. Well I did enjoy writing it! Please do not forget to tap the star at the left bottom of your screen and leave your comments.
You know the drill! Vote, Comment, Share and anticipate the next chapter. Till next time, I remain your girl,

Derbieaize❤️