Chapter 11

Song for the chapter: Onyeka(Baby) by Burna boy.

"One time for my baby, my baby oh!
You know osondu owendi oh
Call me like onyeka owendu oh
And if you give I go take oh!"

———————————————————

Ayomide

"Bad man Mide! Kill them all!" Tomisin hailed and I added a little swag to my walking steps. If your friends didn't hype you like Tomisin did then you definitely had dry friends.

Tomisin Coker! Popularly referred to as our Tom-Tom or Tom. Dark skinned, Tall, Rich, Successful, A classic Yoruba demon. Tomisin is one of the smartest, funniest person I've ever come across. He could go from acting all Albert Einstein to acting like Bovi, One of the best comedians in Africa.

"Where are you going all dolled up? I'm tagging along sha." He flipped His imaginary hair and I buried my face in my hands.

I rolled my eyes. "Tomisin I hope it's not me that you're referring to."

He looked around the room. "The last time I checked we were the only people in this room or am I not seeing well." He cleaned his eyes and smirked. "And I can't possibly be talking to myself." He shrugged his shoulders and I watched as He threw some plantain chips in His mouth.

"You can be talking to yourself." I walked to the stool where He kept the can of plantain chips and I grabbed it before He could. "And how many times will I tell you to stop sticking your hands in my stuff."

"Abeg oh Oga I didn't stick my hands in your stuff oh." He laughed as he grabbed the can of plantain chips from where I had kept it and I jokingly covered my crotch area for protection.

I pushed his head. "You be mad man!"

He chuckled. "Abeg what's the occasion?" He looked at my shoes and a small gasp left his lips. "Please tell me those are not the new Gucci shoes that I saw on Wizkid."

I threw my hands up in agreement as I walked to the bar to get myself a drink. "Okay they aren't." He rolled his eyes and I gave a dry laugh. "Why you dey look me like zombie? You said I shouldn't tell You, so I did exactly as You said."

"You have been trying me since. Mide I go beat you oh! It's like You don't value that Yacht Cruise I promised You abi." He smirked and I threw a pillow at him.

"Don't even think about it." I warned, wagging my finger at Him. "By the way I'm going to this party that Shalewa invited me to." I settled on a chair and I took a sip from my glass of Hennessy.

"You don't look excited at all-" He paused and I raised my brows questioningly. "Don't tell me it's that girl's party. What's her name again? Is it Cecil or what?"

I threw my head back in laughter. "Cecil? Really? Her name is Sisi."

"Ehen Sisi. Mide the Yoruba demon! How did y'all get so close."

"Don't allow Shalewa hear you call her Sisi oh. She said her name is Eniola and not Sisi." He stretched out His hand for my glass of wine and I slapped his hand away. "Whether it's Sisi or Eniola I don't think I can see her in a different way." I stared into space as I played with the glass cup in my hand. "She has always been a chatterbox, busybody and let's not forget the last part, dirty in a way."

"That's where you're wrong my guy. She 'was' a chatterbox and all of those things You mentioned. My guy that was secondary school na." He air-quoted the word was. "The new Sisi is a Lagos big babe. I heard she works for one of the best real estate agencies in Lagos." He dropped the can of chips on the stool. "Mide You need to see this babe now. Very clean and clean!"

"Hype man! I feel bad for saying those things about her sha." I winked at Him. "But this one that you're saying nice things about Her. It's like you have eyes for the babe oh."

"Na you sabi oh. How are you even going to get in? I heard it's an only invitation kind of party."

"I threw the invitation card on the table and I showed him an email that Sisi had sent to me. "She sent me the card but when I didn't get back to her, She sent me an email."

"It is good to be a fine boy. Who said fine face can't grant us favors?" He grinned.

"I know you just want to go there to see her. Just be Honest." I smirked.

He scratched his head nervously. "About that..I've not actually seen her oh. I mean I have seen her posts on Instagram but that's just it."

"See your mouth. I know you have an invite because I saw-" I paused when I realized what He just said. "So you mean all those hyping was for somebody that you haven't seen face to face? Ah Tomisin well done sir!"

"Shut up Mide! Speaking of which..I can't seem to find my invite."

"I was just going to say that you left it on my Ps5 dumb child." I quickly checked my WhatsApp to chat with my friends and as expected, they had already blown up my phone with messages. "Are the guys coming?"

"Yes they are!" He exclaimed happily and I shook my head in amusement.

"They said they are getting dressed or as you would rather call it, dolled up."

"Okay then let's be going na. There's no time to waste again."

"Tomisin! It's just seven pm. Are we the event planners or the caterers? Wait oh! What happened to your arriving at parties fashionably late vow."I smiled at the thought of the event that had taken place when we were still teenagers.

We had been invited to a party hosted by one of our friends outside school and the time given was five pm. In a bid to not miss out of any fun, Tomisin had made sure we all got ready early and when we got to the party, We were asked to assist them in cooking and cleaning of chairs seeing that we were the first guests and the others had not arrived. We had worked so hard that sweat was dripping from our foreheads so there and then, Tomisin, Emeka and Mayowa had vowed to never go to any parties or events early.

He flexed his shoulders as He stood up slowly from the sofa and I laughed as He did the moonwalk. "I, Tomisin Coker has vowed to always be the show of parties and this is not going to be exception."

I walked to my key bowl and I took my car keys or rather remote. Seeing that we don't use keys to drive anymore. "And you're proud because of what? With your head like coconut." I pushed Him aside and He fell on the sofa with a large thud and He burst out in laughter. "I'm driving so be down in ten."

He stopped laughing immediately and a small frown marred his face. "You know I was joking abi. I thought you didn't even entertain the thought of going to the party in the first place."

"Who wants to go to party around this time? Abeg hurry up we are going to have a good dinner. I'm thinking Hot Jollof rice and grilled fish would justice to this feeling in our stomachs or what do you think?" I smirked as I rubbed my belly.

"I think that we might not even remember that party because that rice is already calling my name." He ran upstairs and I laughed.

It was going to be a long long night.

____________________________

Did you enjoy this chapter? I know you did. Thank you so much for giving this book a chance. I love and appreciate everyone of you.❤️

You know the drill guys! Vote, Comment, Share, Add this book to your reading lists abegggg! And anticipate the next chapter. Until then my loves, I remain your girl,

Derbieaize❤️