Chapter 2

Song for the chapter: No crime by Nonso Amadi.

"If I give you some loving,
No crime, No crime, No crime."

—————————————————————

Ayomide

"Big brother!"

Mide grinned widely at the young, dark, beautiful girl in front of him as she threw her hands around His neck. He smiled and placed a kiss on her forehead as He hugged Her dearly. He pulled out of the hug and eyed Her playfully and she laughed. His baby sister had grown a lot since the last time that He saw her.

Lola was the baby of the house and according to her, I was her favorite brother. She chose me as her own favorite brother even when I was hardly ever around for any of her birthdays, graduations or any events since I lived a greater part of my life in the United States.

Mother was not expecting to give birth to another child after Shalewa, my immediate younger sister but God had other plans for use

"Oh my God! Please Mide come in. You didn't even tell me that you were coming over today. Thank God mummy informed me." My sister, Shalewa scolded and I pouted.

"I'm sorry sis. You know I've been busy with work and organizing my apartment." I bit my lip. "It completely slipped my mind.I promise it won't happen again." I pulled her to me but she slapped my arm playfully.

"Come on Shutup! So you did not know that You were going to hug me right?." She waved her fingers at my face and I laughed. "You were saving all the love for this big head here." She gestured to Lola.

Lola scoffed. "Oh sis I'm very innocent. It's not my fault that I'm so lovable." She flipped her hair and she grinned.

"Okay enough of the small talk. You both should let my come into the house!" My mother danced her way to where I was standing and we all burst out in laughter. "My lovely child welcome home. I have cooked all of your favorite dishes." She grabbed my arm and we walked inside together.

The house was looking spotless and beautiful as usual and the dinning table had all my favorite dishes. When My mother meant serious business, she meant serious business. Dishes ranging from jollof rice and chicken to Amala and Gbegiri to even Yam pepper soup.

"We are going to eat today till we drop!" Lola danced around in excitement and mummy shot her a warning look. "Mummy what are you trying to say? So I will not taste this food? Well that has to be a joke because I cannot miss this Amala and gbegiri oh."

"Ah Gracious Lord sit down and stop making noise Lola!" Shalewa scolded, as she reached for the plate containing the yam pepper soup and my mother spanked her butt. "Ouch mummy that hurt real bad."

"Okay now Lola is not going to make a noise." Lola murmured and I laughed.

"Shalewa!" Mummy yelled and she turned to Lola. "Lola!"

"Yes mummy!" They both chorused.

"This food is for my prince." She smiled at me. "My love eat up. I know how much you hate cold food."

I dug in immediately, maintaining eye contact with Lola and Shalewa who looked like they were going to bite my head off any minute from now. I moaned in delight when the Amala and gbegiri entered my mouth.

This was paradise on earth.

"I can see that you're enjoying my food." My mother smiled admiringly at me. "Don't worry there's a take-away pack for you."