Chapter 3

Song for the chapter: Like by reekado banks feat. Tiwa savage, Fiokee.

"Me I get a girl I go die for,
I get a girl I go sing for,
Fifty girls on a default oh,
But na you be the one I go kill for."

Munachi

"Take a good look at my beautiful daughter slaying them all! See her looking just like her father." My father praised while I grinned from ear to ear.

"If you like don't sit down and have breakfast. You'll only get to work late." My mother rolled her eyes. "Pepeye(Duck)!"

"Mummy I know you want to say something nice about how I look but you're just jealous." I scoffed and she pinched my cheeks. "Mama do you want to ruin my makeup?" I groaned as I ran to the mirror in the the dinning room to check my face.

"See Her mouth like jealous." She raised Her shoulders. "You don't know that you look just like me. Ask your father now..I was His first beauty queen." She caressed his beards and I cackled in laughter.

"But if I remember clearly, You just called me a duck."

"I have heard you. Sit down and eat your food before it gets cold. I was just joking or can't I joke around again? My lovely lookalike. Doppelgänger vibes!"

"Please stop ranting and let me eat. Why are you saying that she looks like you? Just so you know, my daughters look like me." My father smiled. He was getting on my mother's nerves and He knew it.

"Mr Peter Obiora hold it right there!" She placed her hands in front of his face. "So is it because I'm playing with you? If our daughters look like you then who looks like me."

"Mummy me! I am here for you." Ify spoke up, smiling as usual with her rainbow looking makeup and clothes.

"Chineke mo! (My God) Ify if I slap you right now, I don't think you'll be able to talk again." My mother yelled and I laughed quietly because I wasn't ready to fuel her anger. "By the way ifeoma. Have you eaten? You know you're going to that fashion school today."

"Yes mummy I have eat. I just want to serve you food before I commot(leave)."

"Just take a good look at yourself. What kind of English are you speaking now? You will mix everything together and open your mouth to say rubbish. Oh my God Ify you never learn!" My mother wailed dramatically and my father looked at me and we both laughed.

"Oh mummy don't cry now. Mummy abeg(please)." Ify cried along with mummy as she went to hug her.

"Ify you can go and get ready for work. I'll take it from here." My father spoke up in between laughter.

"Okay daddy. See you later aunty mu-" She closed her mouth immediately I looked up at her. I was still mad at the pepper incident.

Ifeoma of all people knew that cup was my favorite, yet she still went ahead to put pepper in it. I wonder what else she had put in that cup. For all I know, she must have put salt,bouillon or anything.

"I don dey go(I am going)." She said with her head bowed while mummy continued shedding crocodile tears just to get daddy's utmost attention. He served her food on a spare plate and placed it in front of her.

"Okay Ada eat up. Ify is gone now so you don't have to cry anymore."He grinned at her lovingly as He placed his hands on her shoulders. "That's if you were really crying in the first place." He mumbled.

My mother raised her head immediately. "Peter, did you say something?" My Dad scratched his head nervously and I watched both of them with my hands under my chin.