Missing

“What happened?” I asked, walking over to them. Alex snapped his head around. He lifted his finger to his lips signaling me to be quiet. I did as he said and looked at Elijah. His head was in his knees and I heard a few sniffing noises coming from him.

Alex was rubbing Elijah’s back and kept telling him something, but I was too far away to hear. Elijah’s head suddenly shot up. His cheeks were red and there were tears streaming down his face. He quickly stood up and ran upstairs. Alex went to go after him but soon came back down the stairs.

“What the-”

“Ethan still hasn’t come back. He isn’t answering any calls or texts either,” Alex sighed and sat back down. “Elijah’s freaking out. He’s currently upstairs calling the police.” We both sat in silence. We just got here and things were already falling apart. I sat down  next to Alex.

A few minutes later, we heard the creaking stairs and sniffling. We both turned to the stairs and saw Elijah walking down the stairs holding Rudy close to him.

“You ok Lije?” I asked, getting up to comfort him. He shook his head. He put Rudy down and gave me a hug, crying into my shoulder.

“The police sniff said t-they were going to s-start looking for him sniff in the morning,” Elijah explained. He pulled away from the hug and picked up Rudy again, who was trying to jump onto Alex’s lap. He slumped down onto the couch and curled up again.

It was now 7:00 Elijah fell asleep and Alex and I were watching a movie. Everyone had calmed down a little and it was peaceful again. I heard the stairs creak and saw Sub slowly coming down the stairs. His expression immediately changed when he saw Elijah. His cheeks were still red, he was still curled up, and Rudy was stuck in his grasp. Sub mouthed ‘what happened?’ and Alex stood up to go talk to him.

They both came back over and sat down.

“Well I missed a lot.” Sub said, as he leaned back on the black leather couch. I nodded and turned back to the movie. Normally in a sad situation like this, Elijah was the one to cheer us all up, but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

We were all silent until a loud DING DONG echoed through the house. Elijah immediately woke up and squeezed Rudy a little in panic. He put her down and ran to the front door. We all followed behind him.

As soon as Elijah pulled the door open, we saw a man with a blue uniform and a shining badge.

“Are you Elijah Best?” The man asked. Elijah nodded. The man asked him to step outside for a few minutes. Elijah did as he was asked and closed the door behind him.

Elijah’s pov
-----------------

The police officer asked me a few questions about Ethan, what he looked like, where he was last, and he asked for a few friends or relatives that Ethan could be with. The officer wrote it all down on a notepad.

“Hm. Was he showing any unusual behavior before his disappearance?” The policeman asked.

“No,” I replied. The officer nodded.

“Could you please look through his things to see if you can find anything?”

“O-of course.”

“Alright, call this number if you find anything,” The officer wrote down a phone number on his notepad, ripped out the page, and handed it to me. “We’ll call you if we find anything.” The officer walked down the stairs back to his car. I went back inside and immediately went up to Ethan’s room.

“Elijah? What are you doing?” I heard Sub yell from downstairs. I ignored him and closed the bedroom door.

I felt terrible for looking through Ethan’s things, but it was for his safety.

After about an hour of carefully searching, I went to his office and searched there. I still found nothing that could help. I sighed and leaned against his desk. My hand hit the mouse making the computer turn on. I turned around and sat in his chair. The computer was still unlocked. I nervously clicked google and waited for it to load. We both agreed not to go on the others computer unless you have permission. I feel even worse than before. 

Once the tab loaded, I clicked the three dots in the corner and pressed history. It was filled with the usual. Youtube, youtube studio, things like that. The only thing out of the usual was an untitled google doc. I clicked it and waited. I finally loaded and my eyes widened. 

786 words
Yayayay second chapter!
Third chapter will probably be out tomorrow I'm tried :p