Hotel

trivago ;>

3rd person

The three had arrived at their hotel room about 15 minutes ago. Denis was asleep, Elijah was scrolling through channels, and Sub was unpacking. Sub had thought that they were going to stay at Denis' parent's house, but the idea was immediately shot down by Denis. Sub didn't know why.

Elijah had finally found the channel he liked and wrote it down on a small notepad. He was sitting on his bed. Denis got the other bed all to himself and Sub was going to share with Elijah. Sub normally wouldn't choose to share a bed with Elijah. He always kicked and moved around a lot, but since Elijah was paralyzed, Sub didn't mind. Elijah kept watching the show when a thought popped into his head. He turned to Sub, who was putting the suitcases in the closet.

"Sub. Where's Ethan?" Elijah asked. Sub immediately felt a huge hole in his stomach. He had no idea what to say. If he told Elijah that Ethan passed away, it would ruin him. But he didn't want to lie to his friend.

"Uhm h-he's back in the U.S," Sub mumbled.

"Why didn't he visit me in the hospital? I don't remember seeing him." Elijah said playing with the kangaroo.

"Well I-I'm sure he visited you, you might not remember it."

"Oh." Elijah turned back to the TV and Sub sighed. He knew that he couldn't hide Ethan's death from Elijah forever. He needed to know. Just not now. Not while everyone is finally happy.Sub walked over to the bed and turned off the TV. Elijah protested.

"It's getting late. You need sleep." Sub explained ruffling Elijah's hair. Elijah sighed and gathered his stuffed animals. Sub wrapped a thick blanket around Elijah and moved him over a little so he could fit too. When Sub got under the covers, he noticed how much space he had despite there being another person on the bed. Elijah had gotten much smaller over the years. It worried Sub a lot, but Elijah didn't seem to be in any pain and the doctor didn't seem that concerned. Sub brushed it off and closed his eyes. He felt something poke him. He opened his eyes again and saw Elijah handing him Frank. Sub took the stuffed animal and smiled. Elijah smiled back and fell asleep. Sub soon did the same.

words 387