Fighting

uhhhhhm so this chapter gets really dark- sorry again
|| TW || S*icidal thoughts|| Uhm-

Sub’s POV

The beeping kept continuing until we heard police sirens in the distance. Elijah struggled to get up because of his head injury. I went to try and help him, but Denis pulled me back into the house.

“Denis let me go! He’s injured!” I yelled, clawing at Denis’ hand.

“Good.” Denis said, locking the front door. The sirens got closer. I heard a banging on the door.

“P-please le-let me in! I-i-i can’t go ba-back there! P-please!!” I fell to the ground crying. Alex came in and saw what was happening. He ran over to the door and unlocked it.

----------------------

Alex’s POV

The door swung open and Elijah was sitting on the front steps. There was blood and tears dripping down his face. I quickly picked him up and brought his inside.

“Alex? What the hell are you doing?!” Denis called. I ignored him and placed Elijah on the couch. I was about to run to the closet to get bandages, but there was a loud knock at the door. Sub stood up and opened it. James stood in the doorway looking down.

“Where’s Elijah? He needs to come back with me to the mental hospital for the next 16 months.” James sighed.

“16?! I thought it was only 8!” I yelled.

“It was 8 before he violated the rules. Now please, just let me take him off your hands. After he serves his time he will be sent to a shelter so this doesn’t happen again.” James explained. He went over to the couch and picked Elijah up. He left and Sub closed the door behind him.

“Are you happy now Denis?” I mumbled. Denis turned to me.

“What?”

“You just hurt Elijah. He had nowhere to go and choose to come stay with us despite both of us hating him. Now he probably has brain damage and his mental health is probably gonna suffer too.”

“Alex. Do you not remember what he did to you? He tried to kill you!”

“THAT WAS 5 YEARS AGO!” I snapped. “CAN’T YOU SEE THAT HE’S TRYING HIS BEST TO CHANGE!” I felt tears falling down my face. I never got the chance to forgive him. And now I probably never will. Elijah got 2 hours of freedom after 5 years of suffering.

I ran to my room and slammed the door shut.

--------------------------

Elijah’s POV

Hello? Who is this?

M-mom! I-It’s me Eli-

Beep

I crossed my mom’s name off the list.

“Uhm. A-aunt… No she wo-n’t let me stay with her. R-ron? No no he h-as kids he’d defin-itely say n-no.” It’s been 16 months. I served my added sentence and I need to find a place to stay. Again. I don’t want to go to a shelter, but if I have to I will.

    My head injury caused me to have a speech impediment and I have trouble with my balance. I forgive Denis though. I may never be able to walk on my own again, but he did it out of fear. If I was in his situation, I’d kick me out too.

“I-i’ll try R-ron…” I slowly picked up the phone and dial his number. The phone rang for a while.

Hello?

H-hi Ron. I-it’s Elijah.

...what do you want?

Uhm w-well I n-need a place t-to stay for a l-little an-

F*ck no. I never want to see or hear you again. Got it?

Y-yes.

Beep

I crossed off Ron’s name and slammed my head onto the table. I burst into tears. Why did I have to screw everything up?! Why didn’t I just stay in my room and let the police take care of Ethan’s disappearance?! WHY?! I should’ve listened to myself and drowned that day… none of this would be happening. I bet no one would even care that I was gone. They’d all be happy about it. Hell why don’t I do that! Make the world better….

And remove myself from it.

698 words
;v; dont kill me please
i rpomise itll get better...maybe