Swimming

3rd POV

Denis opened his eyes slowly and saw Sub fast asleep. He glanced at the clock. It was 9:00 am. Denis sat up and stretched before he noticed that Elijah was missing. He jumped up and ran over to the other side of the bed. There, Elijah was laying on the floor counting and organizing cards. Elijah noticed the taller male standing over him and looked up.

"What are you doing on the floor?" Denis asked, crouching down to Elijah's level.

"I fell. I tried getting back up, but only made it worse.." Elijah explained. He turned back to his cards and Denis chuckled a little. He stood up and walked over to the closet to get something to wear. While looking he came across his swim shorts. An idea popped into his head. He went over to curtains and threw them open. Elijah hissed and Sub flinched a little before covering his face with the bedsheets. Denis turned around and gave the two a smile.

"Boys! We're going swimming!" Denis cheered. Elijah perked up a bit and Sub groaned. He poked his eyes out of the sheets and stared at Denis.

"It's December," Sub mumbled. Elijah threw the cards into the box and tried to get up. He pulled himself up to the bed huffing. Denis went over to him and picked Elijah up. Denis placed him on the edge of the bed and handed Elijah swim shorts and a black t-shirt. Denis got out Sub's as well and threw it at him.

"Come on get up! A morning swim won't hurt!" Denis exclaimed.

"You have too much energy," Sub complained. He sat up and went into the bathroom to get changed. Elijah took his shirt off. Denis frowned. Elijah had many scars and stitched from when he tried to kill himself hence why Denis got a t-shirt for him. He felt terrible seeing the scars, knowing he was one of the causes. Denis shook his head and rubbed his head. He went over to the other side of the room and faced that opposite way to give Elijah some privacy.

Soon Sub came out of the bathroom fully changed. Denis went into the bathroom and Sub went over to Elijah's bag that was hanging off the wheelchair. He took Elijah's medicine and went over to the bed Elijah was sitting on. Elijah took the medicine and smiled. Sub smiled back and brought the wheelchair over.

Soon all three of them were ready. The hotel had a really cool pool. Part of it was outside. It was heated so you couldn't feel the cold air. They went into the elevator. Elijah got to hit the button and started giggling causing the others to smile. The smallest of things gave Elijah so much joy. The elevator got to the floor and the doors opened. They went to the pool area and grabbed a few towels. The pool only had two other people. Sub pushed Elijah to a group of chairs. Denis felt the water while Sub helped Elijah out of the wheelchair.

"Denis! You carry him, I'm gonna go back to sleep." Sub joked. Denis laughed and went over to the chairs. He picked up Elijah, who was wiggling around from excitement. Sub laid down on the lawn chair and sighed. Denis laughed again and walked over to the pool. He slowly walked down the steps, making sure Elijah was okay. Elijah had a huge smile on his face and was giggling. Denis got all the way down the steps. The water was only up to his waist. He shifted Elijah so that he was holding him by the waist. Elijah was facing away from Denis splashing the water everywhere. The two laughed and Denis swung Elijah around. They went a bit deeper into the pool until the water was up to Denis' shoulders. Elijah was fully relying on Denis to keep him afloat.

After a few minutes, Elijah noticed the entrance to the outdoor pool.

"What's over there?" He asked pointing to the clear plastic draping over an arch.

"The outdoor pool. You wanna go over there?" Denis said. Elijah nodded quickly and splashed the water again. Denis made his way over to the entrance while holding Elijah above the water. Denis made portal sounds as they went through the plastic making Elijah laugh. The outdoor pool looked magical. There were rocks and tall grass around it and seats inside the pool all around the edge. At the end of the pool, you could see down the mountain the hotel was on. Elijah wiggled towards the seats and Denis walked over to them. He placed Elijah down and sat next to him. Elijah was still giggling and splashing the water.

"I wanna look over there!" Elijah called, pointing to where the mountain view was.

"Then go over there!" Denis replied.

"I can't." Elijah sighed.

"Yes, you can. Just shimmy along the seats." Elijah laughed at the word 'shimmy'. He did what Denis suggested and soon found himself looking over the view. Denis was still sitting down, keeping watch to make sure Elijah was ok. He was about to join Elijah when someone tackled him causing him to go underwater. He came back to the surface and gasped. Sub was laughing his butt off. Denis angry splashed Sub in the face. Sub stopped laughing and looked up in shock.

"Alright cat boy. It's on!" Sub yelled. The two had a splashing battle while Elijah sat and cheered them on.

After about half an hour, they made their way back to their hotel room.

916 words

Happy chapter again :D

Wattpad why do you hate me?! I thought I uploaded the chapter but it said draft hfytdthgft