Struggle

Alex's POV (still)
||TW|| Self harm ||

I thrashed and pulled on Elijah's hand to try and get away, but his grip was surprisingly strong. I kept trying to open my eyes as well. The red stained water made it hard to see, the bubbles and splashing from me trying to escape didn't help either. I could barely see Elijah at this point. My only goal was getting to the surface.

I felt a sudden sharp pain in my side. I wanted to scream or cry but I couldn't. I was losing air, blood, and energy. I kept trying to get away. I felt Elijah's grip loosen and I immediately took the chance to swim up. I pulled myself up onto the concrete, Sub helping me. I was coughing and gasping for air. I turned to look at my side and saw a stab wound. Denis was bent over by the pool yelling things at Sub but I couldn't hear what. I felt light headed and soon passed out.

Sub's POV

There were so many things going on at once. Alex passed out and Denis was yelling at me. I wasn't exactly paying attention to what Denis was saying, I was more focused on Alex's wound and breathing.

"SUB!" Denis shouted. My head shot up to look at him. He was holding Elijah. Elijah's sleeves were stained red and there was blood dripping down his hands. He was unconscious and his skin was pale. I quickly checked Alex's pulse before running over to Denis. He laid Elijah down on the concrete and carefully rolled up his sleeves. Large cuts were all over his arms. I felt tears in my eyes.

"G-go get bandages," Denis demanded and I ran inside the house.

--------------------------

I sprinted back outside to see Denis in front of Elijah holding onto his shoulders talking to him. Elijah's face became twisted with anger and he pushed Denis away, almost falling over in the process. Elijah ran towards the woods. I quickly ran over to Denis and handed him the bandages and went after Elijah. It was a bit difficult to keep up with him, but I quickly caught up and grabbed his arm. He yelled in pain and I let go of him. He stumbled backwards, breathing heavily.

"Why?" Elijah looked up at me. We both stood in silence.

"I-I-I..." Elijah whispered, before falling to his knees. Tears were falling down his cheeks and I could tell he didn't have much strength left in him. I kneeled down in front of him. I felt myself cry as well. Elijah was looking at his hands and arms. I let out a sigh and slowly hugged him. He seemed shocked at first, but soon hugged back.

"I-I'm so s-sorry!" Elijah cried. His grip loosened and he passed out. I heard yelling from behind me. I turned around to see Denis and two other people. The two others ran over to me and took Elijah. I stayed kneeling on the ground. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up at Denis. He sighed and sat down next to me.

"It's for the best." He mumbled. I couldn't believe it. Elijah, one of my best friends that I'd known for years, just tried to kill Alex and another person. I felt terrible and slightly guilty. Ethan and Elijah were so close. We should've known that Elijah wasn't ok mentally. We just didn't know he'd go this far. That man he tortured, must've done something, right? Elijah wouldn't've just kidnapped a random person. Denis stood up and held his hand out. I grabbed his hand and stood up as well.

"Alex and that man were taken to the hospital. I think we should go check on them." Denis suggested. We both started walking back to the house.

Once we were closer, I saw police officers inspecting the shed and pool. One of them saw us and came over.
"Can I speeak to one of you?" The officer asked. We both nodded and Denis left to go to the car. The officer looked back at me. "Do you know who that man was?"

"No ma'am. We've never seen him before." I answered. She took out a notepad and wrote something down.

"Well that man was Micheal Brandy. He was responsible for the kidnapping...

And murder of Ethan Best."

713 words
F's in the chat
Uhhh so this took a dark turn hehe sorry bout that