Hospital

Sub’s POV

I didn’t speak. Ethan was murdered. That’s probably why Elijah snapped.

“Uh- Uhm t-thank you f-for helping us,” I stuttered. The officer nodded.

“I’m sorry for your loss.” She said before walking over to the rest of the police officers. I turned to the house, went inside to get my keys, and came back out the garage door. Denis was standing by my car waiting for me. I unlocked the car and we both got in to drive to the hospital.

--------------------

We arrived at the hospital and asked the front desk for Alex’s room.

“Ah yes. Alex Orman. He’s currently in surgery. You can wait over there. I’ll call you once you can go visit him.” The man at the front desk explained

“Thank you.” I said. We walked over to the waiting room.

--------------------

Ding!

Denis and I just got off the elevator to go to Alex’s room. We waited for about 2 hours. The sun was already starting to set and I was starving. We didn’t have breakfast or lunch yet and it was already 4:00. We finally got to his room and Denis hesitantly put his hand on the doorknob. Him and Alex were close. He told me how nervous he was about seeing him.

“Take a deep breath.” I whispered, patting Denis on the back. He smiled and opened the door. Alex was lying on a bed with a few wires and a heart monitor hooked up to him. It was a bit scary. Alex turned his head a little and smiled.

“Hey guys,” He exclaimed.

“Hey Alex. You okay?” Denis asked.

“Yeah. My side hurts a little, but the doctor said I could go home in a few hours.” Alex smiled. I smiled as well. It was good to know he was okay. I heard the door open behind me and I turned around. A doctor came in through the door holding a clipboard.

“Oh hello! You must be Alex’s friends,” The doctor said, walking over to Alex. “How’s the stitches feel?” Alex sat up and moved a bit.

“Good!” Alex replied.

“Wonderful! Now I’ll just need you three to fill out a bit of paperwork then you can be on your way!” The doctor handed Alex the clipboard then started walking to the door. Denis went over to Alex while I tapped the doctors shoulder before he could leave.

“Uhm excuse me. Do you know where Elijah Best is?” I asked. The doctor gave me a confused look.

“Elijah Best? Why would you want to see him?” The doctor mumbled.

“H-he’s my friend.”

“Wasn’t he the one that caused this.” The doctor motioned to Alex, who was blankly staring at me.

“Y-yes b-but-”

“The police don’t want anyone seeing him for now. You can talk to him in a few days after his trial.” The doctor explained before leaving. Trial? I turned back to Alex and Denis.

“Why are you so worried about him?” Denis muttered.

“What do you mean? Am I not allowed to be worried about our friend!?”

“Our friend?! He tried to kill Alex and another man! He’s not my friend anymore! You do whatever you want.” Denis looked back down at the clipboard.

“A-Alex?” I croaked. Alex shook his head and turned away from me. I bursted into tears and ran out of the room. How could they? It wasn’t entirely Elijah’s fault this happened! His twin brother was kidnapped and killed and now his friends are leaving him. I went into a bathroom to clean myself up.

After a few minutes, I went back to Alex’s room. Alex had proper clothes on and was standing up. Denis came in with a bottle of medicine and handed it to Alex.

“Sub we were talking. You can either go see Elijah and our friendship is over. Or you can drive us home and we all forget about this.” Alex explained. I felt tears in my eyes again. I had to choose between my friends. I looked down…

And took out my car keys.

680 words

hehehehhehe