Suspect

Alex's POV

I slumped down onto the couch and buried my face into a pillow. I heard someone come in. I felt weight on my back. I lifted my head a little.

"This couch feels weird." Denis jokes. I flailed around making him fall. We laughed and Denis got back on the couch.

"You good?" Denis asked. I shook my head.

"Elijah is acting strange again. I think we should talk to him." I explained.

"Sure! Where is he?" Denis cheered and stood up.

"He left for the grocery store," I said. Denis's eyes widened.

"ALONE?!" He yelled. He ran outside and saw that the car was gone. He grabbed my arm and started running down the street.

"W-what are....you doing?" I got out in between breaths. Denis stayed silent.

We ended up running all the way to the store. I wanted to stop to catch my breath, but Denis pulled me towards the parking lot. We found the car and Denis ran inside the store. I groaned and ran after him. He was running through the isles.

I finally caught up to him. He was kneeling on the floor. I ran up next to him and saw something in his hands.

Elijah's medical necklace.

Denis's POV

"Excuse me! Excuse me! C-can I get some help please?!" I yelled. Alex and I were at the police station. Everyone was busy. I ran up to the desk breathing heavily.

"Hello, how can I help you?" The woman asked.

"M-my friend! H-he went m-missing!" I explained. The woman looked up at me and turned to some officers. They brought us into a room.

"Where was your friend last?" An officer asked, pulling out a notepad.

"Shoprite. I found this." I handed them the necklace. They took it from me and studied it.

"Hm. The name seems familiar." Another officer mumbled. "What does he look like?"

"Uh. Dark blond hair. Brown eyes. Pale and short. He should have a service dog with him. We couldn't find her either." Alex explained. The officers nodded.

"Wait a second." The officer took out a different notepad. They showed the other officers and looked back at us. "Another man came in here a few hours ago describing the same person. He said that Elijah was his friend." Alex and I were silent.

"W-what was his n-name?" Alex asked.

"Andrew."

373 words

;)