CHAPTER 23 NARUTO'S RETURN AND THE WAVE MISSION START

2 weeks later 

Menma was laying on the grass of training field 9 completely and utterly exhausted.After the incident with Jiraya, Minato and Kushina had given him a long lecture about trust and assumptions and the Minato pretty much told Guy to treat Menma as his plaything so Guy put menma through hell while the rest of his team and team 9 were doing missions he was struck doing drills and he had to admit while this world didn't have that much technological advancements the limits one could push their body was just absurd that got him thinking just how much could he push his body in a world like one piece? 

"Didya Miss me?"(Naruto entering Menma's feild of view with a stupid grin on his face)

"I did"(Menma grinning in return and otherwise not moving a muscle)

Naruto sat down next to him.

"So why are you sleeping on the grass? I hope you didn't Join shika in cloud watching"(Naruto)

"Nah, I am just exhausted by the training Guy sensei put me through ever since Jiraya dad told Guy to do what ever he wanted to do with me so now I am being treated as his personal toy thankfully he just had me do a lot of exercises and didn't use me as a punching bag or a target but I don't think I could say the same to my shadow clones..."(Menma winced as another clone's memory came in) 

Naruto also winced in sympathy he was aware of his twin's problem with said clones a problem which thankfully he never had to face.

"So how was your mission?"(Menma)

Naruto lost his smile

"Well..."(Naruto)

Flashback no jutsu

one day before the Jiraya incident

'Kakashi-Sensei is completely different from last time isn't he?'(Sasuke using message to naruto as he rubbed his shoulder and glared at his sensei)

'Yeah he is way cooler this time around'(Naruto replying as he had his had behind his head as they made their way towards the hokage office)

Both Naruto's and Sasukes clothes were dirty from the training they received this morning but barely winded despite the intensity of the training sakura on the other hand was drenched in sweat and was breathing heavily.

"How are you two not even winded?"(Sakura)

"Cause we eat properly and not go on pointless diets?"(Naruto as he dodged a punch from sakura)

"They are not pointless.They.."(Sakura about to go on a rant)

"The dobe is right Sakura we are shinobi and not eating properly because of some stupid reason like maintaining  you looks is just stupid"(Sasuke cutting her off)

Sakura just lowered her head in shame it was one thing coming from the blond it was entirely different coming from her crush.

"Ma ma don't be so hard on her sasuke I am sure she will learn her lesson eventually"(Kakashi eye-smiling)

"And that's the reason you will never be able to teach anyone properly kakashi-kun~"(Anko)

"Anko-chan"(Kakashi)

Naruto made a choking sound and got ready to run

"Don't worry fishcake I am just passing by but seriously honey you should consider taking lessons from Iruka, the way you teach honestly wouldn't teach them anything new and you are lucky to have them in your team"(Anko getting serious and poking Kakashi in the chest)

"She is right you know Kakashi-Sensei"(Sasuke)

"Alright"(Kakashi raising his hands in defeat)

Anko chuckled and kissed by puling his mask down him causing Sakura to go 'Kyaa~' but his face was obscured by pixels much to her and sasuke's chagrin.