Names

I glanced around when I arrived at the second floor, trying to locate the client's room. That was, after all, where the attempted strangulation had taken place.

I see a bit of crime scene tape on one of the doors, and immediately knew that it's the client's room.

Sherlock always makes my job easier by dramatizing everything.

I turn the door knob and walk inside the room. It's a bedroom, a messy one. Papers everywhere.

I get on my knees and search the ground for anything that looks to have significance, when I spot a broken sliver Rollex watch on the floor.

I pick it up and slide it into my pocket, jotting down notes as I do so.

After that, I look around and add more detail to my notes, on the state of his room. I figured maybe we could compare it to how it usually is.

Then the door opens.

I quickly turn around and see a man standing there.

Tall, brown hair, brown eyes, and not very muscular if you ask me. He looked very young actually,  maybe 20 years or so?

"Are you with that detective guy?" He asked.

"Yes. Yes I am." I say, regaining my posture, and topping it off with a smile.

"Yea...you scared me a bit there. Vic told me all about you. Got a nibble at our icecream too didn't ya?" He laughed.

Vic?

Must've been that man I met earlier.

I smiled, before closing my notebook and sliding it into my pocket.

"Have you been interrogated yet, by the...detective?" I ask him.

"Oh, yea. He's pretty odd, I must admit...a bit cocky as well..."The man mumbled.

"What'd he say?" I giggled.

"The bloke knew my entire life story, for God's sake!" He said.

"Yea, he does that..." I bit my bottom lip. I missed him so much.

The man sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"So...what were you doing here?" I ask.

"I was getting my watch. Have you seen it?" He asked, glancing around.

"No. What does it look like?" I lie.

"It's a Rollex watch. A silver one. Cost me quite a bit of money." He said, as he continued to glance around.

That sounds like the exact same one I picked up. Except the one I picked up is broken in half.

"I'll keep an eye out." I say.

"Great, thanks. Oh, and the name's Luke." He says.

"Y/N." I smile.

He smiles back at me, before leaving the room.

I take the watch out of my pocket and examine it a bit.

There are a few visible fingerprints, but nothing else, so I put it back into my pocket, and leave the room.

As I shut the door behind me and turn to leave, theres a tall man in front of me. Dangerously close.

"Woah." I gasp.

"Sorry, did I scare you?" He asks placing a hand on my arm. I cringe a bit at his unfamiliar touch.

"N-Not at all." I say.

"I heard someone tried to strangle Winston." He tells me.

Is that the client's name?

"Yes. I'm helping with the investigation." I smile.

"Are you now?" He smiles an amused smile.

I nod in reply.

His hair is black, and his eyes are green.

"Don't get yourself hurt." He says quietly, rubbing my arm.

He looks like he's about to burst out laughing.

I wince and make an irritated face, before removing his hand away from my arm and walking away.

"Aww...come on..." He grips my wrist and yanks me back to my original spot.

I narrow my eyes at him.

"Do you have a name?" He asks.

"Let go of me." I demand, showing no fear on my face.

"That's a strange name." He laughs.

When I see that he isn't complying, I reach for the gun in my pocket.

He pins me on the wall, holding both my arms up with only one of his own arms, before I can get my hands on the gun,

"You know, this makes you a suspect now." I say, trying to keep my cool.

"I don't care...oh...what's this?" He smiles, pulling out the gun from my pocket.

The alarm inside me goes off when he's got the gun, and my eyes widen.