Strength

Hey babes~Just a little present for you guys for being so nice! Though I won't be starting daily updates for this story until I successfully move to Cardiff and finish up The Science Of Seduction. Enjoy!

His words hurt me more than anything. He wanted me to leave. After everything we went through...

I inhale those thoughts and take them out on the red punching bag in front of me.

I had enrolled myself in extreme workouts at a gym near William's daycare center.

He was two tears old now. It's been a year since I left Sherlock, and I've been working on my physical strength, to prove to not only Sherlock, but myself that I am not weak.

I can be strong. I can watch over myself and William.

That is of course, why he left me.

With a grunt, I punch the bag in front of me again, as tears well up in my eyes.

--------------  

Later that day, I pick William up from his daycare and drive to our little apartment.

Lately, I've been distant from him, as he has been to me. He misses his father, I know, but we don't talk much and it's not very healthy.

When we do, it's only small talk, and nothing heart-to-heart. So, today I decide to give it a shot:

"How was today?" I ask, stopping at the red light on the road.

"Good." He says quietly, occupied with his pirate-man figure.

"Anything happen...?" I ask again.

"Don't force yourself to care, mummy." He tells me.

His words claw through me like nails.

We become silent the entire way home.

--------------

After William had gone to bed. I got out my laptop and pinned numerous new sightings of a Sebastian Moran on my dashboard.

He was the side-kick, henchman, whatever you wanna call him. He was with him when the Consulting Criminal committed every crime. He was with Moriarty.

I know exactly where he lives, where he sleeps, everything.

Tomorrow, I was going to drop William off at Molly's, while I go to where Moran will be this evening, to give him a proper execution. One that Moriarty did not get.

Failure is not an option.

At least, not in my world.

--------------  

I get up the next morning, and stand outside Molly's flat, as she opens her door.

"Y/N! Hi...please, come in." She says with a smile as William runs in and plays with her cat.

I smile and shake my head: 

"I really can't today. I've gotta dash." 

"Right. I can watch William overnight if you pull a late one, so don't worry." She smiles.

"Thank you, Molly. I truly appreciate it." I sigh a cold breath.

"Best of luck at your new job, Y/N!" She waves bye, and I flash a smile at her, before walking away as she shuts the door.

I hate lying to friends, but if it's to keep them safe, then I have no problem.

I drive back to my home, and get changed into something more easy to kick ass in. Slipping a gun in my pocket, I walk out my home and get in my car.

He was supposed to attend a meeting this evening at a popular business building in central London. I am planning to break into the building and kill him with my bare hands. The gun is for anyone who gets in my way.

It is reckless, but that is what I have become. 

I pull into driveway in which I can see the building's entrance. I will sit here in my car and wait for Mr. Moran to enter the building. 

----

After an hour, I see him. 

He wears a grey suit, and men in black suits surround him as he walks into the building. He also wears sunglasses, but I can identify that bloke from anywhere. I've studied him far too much. 

This is my chance to prove myself. To redeem myself.

But before I can get out of my car, my phone rings.

I roll my eyes and look at the caller ID. It is unknown. 

But I sigh and lift it to my ear anyway:

"Hello?" 

"Y/N." A familiar voice says dryly.

It's Sherlock.

I grit my teeth, rage burns within me.

"Don't ever  call me again."  I say shakily.

"Don't do it." He tells me, before I can hang up.

"Do what?" 

"Do not kill Sebastian Moran." 

I pause, my face goes pale. 

"He knows. He knows you're after him, Y/N."