Headache

I awoke a couple of hours later with a massive headache.
I sat up on his bed and gazed out the window.
The stars looked beautiful out tonight it was quite satisfying to the eye.
My headache on the other hand was not so satisfying.
It hurt so bad...it's probably from the lack of medication since I awoke from my coma.
After all, I practically walked out of that hospital, about an hour after I awoke.
I tried to stand up, but couldn't.
The headache was terribly indescribable.
I put both my hands on my head, shut my eyes tightly as tears came out, and took deep breaths.
It's gonna be okay.
It's just a headache.
Just a headache.
I slightly opened my eyes and saw Sherlock by the door.
Shit.
We stared at each other quietly, my hands still on my head as tears filled my eyes.
He walked over and sat next to me on his bed.
"My head hurts..." I said, with my voice cracking.
"I know." He said, patting his lap.
I lied back down, this time resting my head on his lap.
He gently pushed down his hand on my forehead, as I stared up at the ceiling.
The pain was starting to go away.
"Better?" He asked softly after a few minutes.
"Yes...thank you." I said, not sitting up from his lap.
It was too comfy.
He stared down at me, his eyes glistening.
I stared back up as he started to stroke my hair.
He leaned in slowly, about to kiss me,
But stopped.
"I'll be in the kitchen, looking through my microscope, if you need me just call, alright?" He told me.
"Okay..." I nodded, sitting up from his lap, blushing furiously.
He stood up and left the room shortly after.
I stared out the window for a few more minutes again, before heading over to him.
The night looked so calm and peaceful.
Why couldn't I be like that?
Why couldn't I be mentally calm and peaceful?
I left his room and made my way to the kitchen for a glass of water, when I saw Sherlock in there, sitting and using his microscope.
Before he could see me I turned around and attempted to just go back to his room.
I didn't want to converse with him.
I loved him...
But what kind of love involves the other person not remembering you?
All the time I spent with him...
Was it all for nothing?
I asked myself these questions often,
But was interrupted this time when I heard his voice.
"Y/N." He said.
"Y-Yes?" I asked, feeling like I had been stabbed in the chest the moment I heard him say my name.
"John is here." He said, without looking up from his microscope, before there was a knock on the door.
I walked over to it and opened the door slowly, seeing John standing there, holding a bag with a disgusted look.
"Hey...Y/N right?" He asked, doing his best to smile.
I nodded and let him in quietly.
He walked in and set the bag of thumbs on the same table that Sherlock's microscope he was looking into was on.
"Thank you John." He said, pulling away from his microscope and picking up the bag, closely inspecting it.
John turned to me, after giving him a glare.
"Did he treat you okay?" John asked me.
"Yes." I nodded.
Sherlock put the bag down, stood up, and organized some of materials on the kitchen table.
"You can stay at our house if you want...I asked Mary, she's my wife. She said it was fine." John said with a smile.
"Ah...thank you but I wouldn't want to be a burden. You guys are expecting a baby after all. I'll just...get a flat-share or something. Thank you for all you've done though." I said with a fake smile.
He smiled back and left with a nod to both of us as a goodbye, shutting the door behind him.
I fiddled with my thumbs anxiously.
I had no job.
I had no money.
How was I supposed to even pay off a flat-share?
"I s-suppose I should...leave now." I stuttered.
He kept quiet.
"Thank you...for everything you've done." I said, as I walked out the door.
My chest hurt badly.
I felt abandoned...lost...it all hurt.
He didn't even say bye.
The moment I stepped out of the flat, my headache came back, but this time I was able to avoid showing my pain to the pedestrians.
I was going to cross the street, when a car pulled up and blocked my way to cross.
It was a pure black car, and one of the back windows had just rolled down, revealing someone who looked familiar.
Very familiar.
"Jim...?" My eyes widened.
"Get in, doll." He smiled.
"No...not after what you did!" I said loudly.
"I'm sorry...really I am." He said quietly.
I glared at him.
"Come with me. You have nowhere to go. The man you once loved had forgotten all about you. I haven't. Let me help you." He said.
"Why would you want to help me?" I asked.
"Because I feel bad for what I did, and what Sherlock did to you. Your heart." He said.
"How did you know he forgot me?" I asked, my voice cracking this time.
"Because if he did remember you, you wouldn't be fumbling out of his flat in this cold weather, this late at night. Now get in my car. I know you're cold." He said.
A man from the front seat opened the door in the back for me to get in.
I hesitantly got in next to Jim.
He was right.
He's basically my only hope in living, now.