Expect the Unexpected

John went into the kitchen trying to make the situation less awkward as Sherlock continued experimenting on me.

Poor John...maybe I should stop here...

Nah...

Sherlock would pull away to catch his breath, but it wasn't very often, and when I tried to catch my breath he wouldn't let me.

"Can you...remember me....now?" I asked, in between the kisses.

"A bit...did we live together?" He asked, stopping and fixing his suit.

My heart almost stopped in happiness.

He remembered something.

A smile played it's way onto my lips as I nodded.

He smiled as well.

"It's working." He said.

"Yea." I nodded again.

"Ready for another round?" He asked.

"Definitely." I said, before we started making out vigorously again.

He placed his hands around each side of my waist, occasionally tapping his fingers on my sides lightly , making my heart flutter, and my cheeks flush a light crimson.

I had missed this so much, but something was telling me I was expecting too much from him.

People change.

"Okay um...you know what...I'll just come back some other time, yea?" John said, making an odd face before leaving.

I had only then noticed that Sherlock's eyes were open the entire time.

His pupils staring at me blankly.

I began to gaze into them by accident.

Grey-blue, with hints of green...

I was in a complete trance staring into his eyes as he kept his hands on my waist.

Finally, he broke the kiss, not taking his eyes off of me.

"The mansion..." He said with wide eyes.

"You remember!" I exclaimed in excitement.

"We were unpacking, then got locked in that room...then I..." He stopped and smiled.

"Then you what--" I was broken off by his lips onto mine again.

"That." He said, with a look of accomplishment.

My eyes widened in surprise at the sudden kiss but I didn't care.

Words could not express how happy I was.

It was a miracle.

"I think I remember now, Y/N." He said.

"Okay, tell me everything." I said, as we sat down across from each other.

He basically explained our entire life together, and it took about an hour.

"I'm so glad you finally, remembered." I sighed in relief, holding back tears.

"Yea...God I was quite sentimental then wasn't I?" He chuckled.

"What?" I asked giving him a look of confusion.

"Well...it was quite flattering but I consider myself married to my work now." He smiled.

My heart broke.

I knew not to expect much.

I think I preferred him not to remember me at all,

Than to remember but not feel the same anymore.

"Oh...yes of course." I forged a smile.

"Sorry...were you expecting...something else?" He asked, staring seriously.

"Oh, no. Not at all...I mean, ten years? People change. That's...perfectly understandable..." I laughed weakly.

I was naive and still had the mentality of a high school girl.

Of course he didn't love me anymore.

He's got better things to do.

Better people to be with.

Oh silly silly me...

I'm dying inside for a man who doesn't love me anymore.

------------------

Sherlock's POV:

I've always loved the feeling of accomplishment.

One may simply find it quite easy to move on to a lifestyle filled with sentiment, but I am not one.

I am myself, and quite frankly that leaves me incapable of living in a life filled sentiment, unlike other sane individuals.

The thought of me...myself embracing, loving, and even caring, for this girl who sat in front of me made me mentaly cringe.

Not because of how she appeared or who she was.

Her control over me was unexceptable.

She knew how to make me weak.

She has the ability to make me love, no matter how much I don't want to.

If she succeeds,

It will be very dangerous for her.

She will be a weakness of mine, and I already have far too many of those.

I've made up my mind.

I will care for her, in my own flat, until she gets a proper job, and makes enough money, then help her find a new flat.

Theres still something bothering me though...

Who paid for her luxury health advancements? Healthcare could not have innovated that much effort into her...just to let her leave so quickly.

Y/N's POV:

We stared at each other for a long time, until I realized he was deep in thought, and I was the one really just looking at him,

How could he.

The words rang in my head, no matter how hard I tried to block them out.

It started to show on my face, so I got up and excused myself.

"I'm gonna go um...wash up." I said, quietly.

"Shampoo and towels are in the cabinet under the sink." He said, staring at me carefully.

"Okay..." I said, whilst walking away.

He could look at me all he wanted.

It would never be the same.