Fake and Real

My eyes widen at the kiss, and I stare into his own which are gazing into mine.

His eyes are always open when he kisses me. He's always trying to read me.

He places his hands on my waist and deepens it, as my eyes begin to shut down.

After a few minutes, I find myself unable to breathe.

He pulls away slowly to give me some time to catch my breath, as my face becomes hotter and hotter within the passing minutes.

"It's a true statement." He repeats quietly, running his fingers through my hair.

"B-But Sherlock─ " I try to protest but his phone starts to ring.

He slides it out of his pocket and answers it:

"Sherlock Holmes....oh, that....no, I'm busy." He turns his phone off.

"Case?" I tilt my head in inquiry.

"Yes, I was supposed to go to the morgue, but I declined. I'd rather be with you." He tells me.

I chuckle lightly and shake my head:

"Go on. I'll be fine."

"No, Y/N." He shake shis head.

"Come on, you haven't been on a case in ages." I try to persuade him.

"I don't want to leave you here alone." He says.

"It's okay, I'll be okay." I smile.

He pauses and stares at my face for a few minutes, before answering:

"I'm taking you with me then." He says, standing up and yanking me up with him by my arm.

"W-What?" I raise my brows.

"Come on." He grabs his coat and takes my hand, leading me outside.

____________________

We get in a cab to Bart's, and I stare out the window silently. The night is beautiful, my hot breath creating heat marks on the cold window glass.

"Y/N?" He breaks the silence.

"Yes?" I answer.

His hand gets a hold of mine, and he entwines our fingers together:

"Would you like my coat?"

"I'm fine, thanks." I reply quietly with a small smile.

I want to go back to the old days. The days where we had no conflict.

He smiles back, stroking my cheek and rubbing his thumb against my knuckles ─ my heart throbs insanely in my chest, as if I've been stabbed countless times.

There will never be no conflict.

His smile slowly fades when he notices my own was a fake.

"It's gonna be okay, Y/N." He tells me, instantly noticing my unease.

My own smile quickly fades as well, my eyes stinging with the urge to release tears, as my entire body numbs with hurt.

"It's okay...you don't have to force yourself, I'm here..." He whispers softly, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me into his chest.

"I love you, Sherlock..." I bury my face in his chest, inhaling his intoxicating tobacco-ash scent, as he rubs my back soothingly.

I end up accidentally drifting off to sleep in the cab with him, so when we arrive, he shakes me and whispers my name until I wake up.

"Y/N...love, get up..." He shakes me, as I slowly begin to open my eyes.

"Sh-Sherlock...good morning..." I rub my eyes.

"It's not morning, Y/N. We've just arrived at Bart's." He explains, chuckling.

"Oh..." I get out of the cab tiredly, as he pays.

We walk into the hospital and walk into the morgue to see Molly there.

"Hey guys." She smiles.

"Where's the body." Sherlock stares at her expressionlessly, but I flash a small smile to reassure her.
____________________

After five minutes of Sherlock investigating the body while Molly and I talk about her cat, John walks in and explains the details of the case they were on.

"Ah, Y/N and Molly. Hello." He smiles, trying not get intimidated by me.

He still remembers what I got a man in the parking lot to do him. I feel terrible about it.

"Hi." Molly waves, as I just smile nervously at him.

We're a few more minutes in as Sherlock discusses something quietly with John.

"Y/N." Sherlock calls me over.

"Yes?" I avert my attention to him.

"John and I are gonna have to do some running around for this case, want me to drop you back off home?" He asks with a sigh.

"Sure. It's fine, really I don't mind." I nod.

"Are you sure? You might get lonely." Sherlock says in an adorably concerned tone.

"She can stay over at my place." Molly budges in.

"Really?" Sherlock looks at her.

"Sure. My shift is basically over. We can have a slumber party!" She smiles at me.

"Y/N, is that okay with you?" Sherlock asks.

I nod, before he quickly comes over and places his hands on my shoulders:

"Are you sure your gonna be alright?" He mumbles, staring into my eyes.

"It's Molly, she's sweet. I think I'll be fine." I smile a real smile this time.

The edges of his lips turn up into a smile and he places a quick peck on my cheek, before dashing off with John.