Accept The Truth

"Who's there...?" I asked Sherlock quietly.

"Don't worry about it..." He said, placing his lips on my own again softly.

His hands caressed the sides of my waist gently, carefully avoiding the spot where I had a cut.

"You've grown so much over the years..." He whispered, as he placed kisses on my neck.

I held onto his shoulders for support when my knees began to feel weak.

His lips were sweet and I was constantly violated with his intoxicating tobacco ash scent.

"I'm sorry I made you feel alone...I'm sorry I forgot you..." He whispered again.

I wanted to tell him.

Tell him that it wasn't his fault.

Tell him that it was Jim.

But I couldn't,  because of the potential danger it would put all of us in.

Lucky for me, I read the paper too much.

Sherlock thinks Jim is dead, and so does most of the entire world apparently.

The knocking continued, and Sherlock sighed.

"I better see who it is..." He said, gently stroking my cheek, to which I nodded in return.

He sauntered over to the door and opened it, I looked over and saw no one there.

Sherlock bent down and picked up an index card.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Irene Adler. Ever since her return, she seems to want something from me." He sighed.

"Do you know what it is she wants?" I asked, as he sat on his chair and opened his laptop.

"No,I don't care what she wants." He said, in a bored tone.

I stared at his face, trying my best to read him, and it took me a while to notice that he was staring at me as well.

"Come here, look at this." He said, gesturing me over.

I walked over to him, and looked over his shoulder.

It was a picture of the mansion we had previously lived in, during our high school years.

My heart rate escalated quickly at the sight that sent memories of me and my parents while they were still alive.

"Why are you showing me this?" I asked, finding it difficult to breathe.

Sherlock stared at me sadly.

"A client...lives there now...claims it's haunted. He came to me a few weeks ago and wanted me to investigate...and I don't want to leave you alone in this flat." He said carefully.

"And...?" I asked, feeling a lump in my throat.

"I want you to come with me." He stated.

"I'll be fine alone..." I sighed.

"We both know that's not true." Sherlock said, standing up and taking my hand.

I looked down at my feet, as he stood in front of me and held my hand.

"It's the perfect opportunity to help you move on, and accept your parents passing, accept the truth." He said softly, lifting my chin up so I could look at him.

I nodded and immediately after, he pulled me in for a tight hug.

I buried my face in his shoulder as he exhaled and stroked the back of my head.

"You're gonna be fine..." He whispered, to which I nodded again in return.

◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇

The next morning, Sherlock and I woke up early and took the underground to that mansion we used to live in.

We arrived and Sherlock's client welcomed us in kindly.

He was quite an odd looking bloke,tall, dark hair, bright brown eyes that almost looked yellow.

"So...ghosts?" Sherlock asked, in a bored tone after we both took a seat on his, quite comfortable, sofa that was by a coffee table.

"Yes...well, they're not ordinary ghosts." He said, hesitantly.

"What do you mean, not ordinary ghosts?" I asked.

"Paranormal activity. Such as poltergeists. Rather than actually seeing something unreal, you just see real things move, correct?" Sherlock sighed.

"Uh...yes...except--" He said, before he was interrupted.

"Dead bodies are showing up in your house too." Sherlock interrupted him.

A look of surprise showed on my face.

"You mean...this place is a murder drop off too?" I gasped.

"Basically..." He sighed.

I blinked quickly, trying to process what he had just said.

"Isn't it brilliant?" Sherlock smiled as he looked at me.

"Um...well...I guess?" I said, making a confused expression.

Sherlock patted my head and looked back at his client.

"May I investigate?" Sherlock asked him, with excitement lingering his voice.

"Please do." The man said, standing up and leading the way as Sherlock followed behind him.

I decided to tag along as well, walking close by Sherlock.

I was never really a fan of ghosts.

Dead bodies aren't so bad though.