Outrun

I stare at him quietly as I sip my warm coffee.

Sherlock Holmes.

The man I forgot I loved.

The man who went through so much pain to get me back.

The man I love again.

Once he finds out what I have gotten myself into he won't love me anymore.

Moriarty is angry with me, I know it.

He's after me, he knows I know the truth.

Hell, I almost was beginning to forget about it all...

"You're awfully quiet." He mumbles, after sipping from his coffee.

We were both sitting across from each other at a table in our hotel room, staring at each other quietly.

Last night I told him I didn't want to hurt anyone anymore.

Well today, I realize that it's not humanly possible.

Sure, he's comforting, and sweet, but what good will that do me? What good will that do him, or William?

I can cry all I want, nothing will change. I'm wanted by the consulting criminal. I'll never be able to live a normal life, or raise William properly without giving him some sort of trauma.

Maybe I do belong with J--

"Y/N."

"Yes?"

"Get down."

"What?"

"ON THE FLOOR, QUICKLY!"

He tackles me down, right before gunshots fire and shatter the hotel window.

"Are you alright, Y/N?!" He asks hurriedly, as we sit up.

"I'm fine. We should check with the others, quickly." I say, standing up.

Surprised by my lack of shock, he nods and follows me to the room John, Mary and the kids were staying in.

We both knock on their door frantically.

"Hey, we heard something from your floor, is everything alright?" John asks, after opening the door.

"No, we're leaving. Now." Sherlock barges in.

"What, why?" John asks, confused.

"Someone's after Y/N."

"Sherlock, get everyone to the car and drive away." I tell him.

"What about you?"

"I'm gonna track this guy down. Torture him a bit, interrogation basically."

"How are you so sure you will succeed in all of this?"

I laugh softly, "I have my ways."

"I'm coming with you."

"What? No, it's dangerous."

"Exactly. John, drive Mary and the kids somewhere far. I'll text you later. Leave, quickly."

"Right." John nods.

"Bye, bye! I'll see you soon!" I wave happily at William, who giggles and waves back.

John runs out the hotel quickly, with Mary and the kids.

"So, what's your plan on catching this person." Sherlock asks.

"I don't have one. I just said that to get you all to leave, but listen to me, Moriarty's men are after me. If you're seen with me, you'll be in danger, so go." I tell him quickly.