The Defected Emotion

Hi, I love you.

-Sera♥

I wake up in a cold sweat -- quickly sitting up from inert slumber. I pant heavily as I run my fingers along my neck.

There's no scar. Not even a scratch.

That's impossible...

I slit my throat, I'm sure of it...

I finally snap out of my thoughts and focus on scanning my surroundings.

I'm on a sofa in 221b. Sherlock's flat. Anyone could deduce that from the intricate wall pattern -- Not to mention the bullets and yellow smiley face.

"Y/N? Are you awake?" His voice rings through my head, as I instantly develop a headache.

I turn my head and look at him as he enters from the kitchen.

"I'm supposed to be dead. I slit my own throat with a blade." I say.

"Not necessarily..." He mumbles, sitting next to me.

I narrow my eyes at him.

"Moriarty gave you a good blow to the head before you could kill yourself." He tells me.

My eyes widen.

Moriarty saved me...again?

I thought he would want me dead...

"It took a great deal for me to make him let me take you again." Sherlock obstructs my thoughts.

I shut my eyes in irritation.

I still hate him.

I would not hesitate to kill him.

"How many times do I have to tell you -- I don't love you anymore." I say loudly, opening my eyes.

He pauses, staring intently at me.

"You need to give up, Sherlock. Give up on me. I can't love you." I stare back at him.

"I was telling you the truth, you know. I never meant any of those things I'd said in the prison. Those words were only said to lure you in." He says.

"I'm going back to Vincent--"

"He poisoned you. Messed with your head..." He cuts me off mid-sentence.

I stare into Sherlock's eyes.

He's right.

Even through all the hate I have for him,

He's right.

"You know it yourself, Y/N.." He moves a strand of hair behind my ear.

I shudder at his touch, tears forcing their way out if my eyes.

Why does everyone I love trick me in some scheming way?

"Sherlock, I don't know what's going on...I don't know who to trust, I don't even know if I can trust you..." I bite my bottom lip as my face goes pale.

"You can't go back to him, Y/N...you're a smart girl...you know what he did. You know what he's going to do..." Sherlock says softly.

"How do I know you won't try to pull the same thing?" I ask through stuttering breaths.

He takes my hand, keeping it in his own tightly:

"Because I love you, Y/N."

"No, that's what they all said..." I tremble, attempting to yank my hand out, but he holds onto it tightly.