Introductions (Loki x Reader)

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is January 14th, 2020. We have exactly 10 days until Biden's inauguration and this account's first birthday!! I'm trying to prevent myself from writing the birthday essay, but I love you all so much!

OK, WHAT IF LIKE LOKI'S JUST TRYNA FIGURE OUT HUMAN STUFF SO THEY HIRE US AS LIKE A TUTOR SO HE DOESN'T END UP DEAD IN A TOILET. HE GETS INTRODUCED TO LIKE SHE-RA AND CRAP AND FANGIRLS WITH US

"STARK!" Loki screeches from the bathroom. The door apprehensively creaks open and Tony walks in, his one hand flailing for walls as his other covers his eyes. 

"What, Reindeer Games?"

"Your contraption of water and waste is hissing at me," Loki says, glaring at the toilet that just flushed automatically.

"Um, you mean flushing? That's how the 'WaStE' disposes."

"It's loud and threatening."

Tony groans and walks out. "Y/n!" He calls out as he walks down to his lab. A girl steps out with a blowtorch and welding mask. She's barefoot, dressed in a She-Ra croptop and high-waisted shorts. She pops the top open and looks at him.

 She pops the top open and looks at him

"You really shouldn't weld barefoot," Tony says, walking over and observing her latest work

"You really shouldn't weld barefoot," Tony says, walking over and observing her latest work. "It looks good, kid."

"Thanks, big brother."

"Don't call me that." He leans against the wlding station. "Look, I need a favor from you."

Y/n raises her eyebrow. "I need you to teach Loki about...Earth things. Just basic stuff. He just called me into his bathroom because the toilet 'hissed' at him."

Y/n groans and flips her welding helmet back on. "No."

"Y/n. Please. He's annoying the actual life out of me and you're the only one available. Also your personalities would match well."

She takes the helmet off. "Are you trying to get him out of your perfectly conditioned hair or set me up?" Tony shrugs and airly walks out. She rolls her eyes and follows him up to Loki's room.

He looks up at her, his usual sneer switching to a neutral expression that is only given to her. His green eyes gently flicker to her outfit. "Stark. Jr," he stammers, not wanting to bestow the name of someone he publically hates upon someone he secretly loves, even if Tony and her are siblings. "What is it?"

She leans against the doorway and observes him. "Tony wanted me to tutor you in the ways of Earthlings. Think you can handle it? Or are you going to keep feeling threatened by a toilet?"

"Hey!"

She giggles a little and offers her arm. "First, we need to...fix your style. You can't just wear armor all the time; it isn't normal. So I'm going to take you shopping. You seem like a Hot Topic kind of guy."

\--/

So that's how Loki found himself in Hot Topic with quite a few bags of outfits. Y/n shoves him into a dressing room, setting the clothes down. She pulls out a select outfit, then reaches over and begins tugging at his armor.

"Woah, Y/n, what are you doing?" He yelps, slapping her hand.

"Come on, change."

"In front of you?"

"I didn't say take off your underwear too, just change into the outfit, I need to see if it works and fits."

He eyes her, but begins taking off each piece of his "casual" leather armor. Y/n fights the urge to look at his chiseled chest and abdomen. He puts on the new outfit and Y/n gasps. "YES!!" She squeals. He's wearing an AC/DC graphic t-shirt, tucked into black ripped jeans. 

Y/n rummages through the bags and pulls out a black choker. She leans over and stands on her tiptoes to fasten it around his neck. His warm, minty breath fans over her face and they both blush. "A true masterpiece," she compliments.

They head back to the tower, where all the Avengers look at Y/n in bewilderment at the costume change. They drop off all but one of the bags in Loki's room. Taking one bag, she leads him back to her room. "What are we doing here?"

"I'm going to paint your nails and introduce you to the best t.v. show ever, She-Ra." She gestures to her shirt and sits down on her bed, grabbing her computer and pulling up the first episode of the show. She pats the bed beside her. He apprehensively sits down. 

She smiles warmly at him. "Relax. This is fun." She pulls out a card of flower clips.

"Those are not going in my hair."

"These are going in your hair, Loki."

"No-" he's interuppted by Y/n pulling his head into her lap and placing the computer on his stiff chest so they can both watch it. He blushes furiously and purses his lips. Her fingers nimbly comb through his hair. 

"Your hair is really soft," she mumbles absentmindly. She begins clipping the pastel pink, blue, and purple flowers to different spools of hair. "You can sit up."

not my picture :)

not my picture :)

Y/n moves the computer and pulls out black nail polish. "Give me your hands." He places them in hers and she begins rubbing his hands gently.

"What...?" He stammers.

"I'm painting your nails. Eventually. But first I think I'm just going to play with your hands."