In a Good Way (KyloRen x Reader)

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is November 20, 2020. IT'S ADAM DRIVER'S BIRTHDAY! So in honor of this wonderful man, I'll be writing two imagines about him.

please listen to the song above while listening i really love this song a lot althoguh the video is very weird

Warnings: Food refusal and bad mental health

Y/n clears the dishes from the small table while Kylo wipes his mouth with his napkin. "You've been on this ship for ages and you still manage to cook amazing meals," he compliments.

She blushes and sets them in the sink. "How else am I supposed to keep busy?" He goes to say something, but she cuts him off. "That was rhetorical. Help me make the bed?"

He laughs softly and nods, making his way from the small kichinette to the large black bed, standing on the opposite side of Y/n. They take each corner of the sheet and toss it in the air, like elementry school kids with the rainbow parachute.

As it comes down and blows bits and pieces of Y/n's h/c hair out of her face, Kylo can't help but admire her face. "I didn't know that I was capable of being happy right now, but you showed me how," he begins, laying his side of the sheets down. no he's not singing he is speaking

Kylo doubles over as he feels his mother's faint Force Signature faid. Y/n looks up from her book and rushes over. "Kylo?! Oh my God, Kylo, are you okay?!"

"My mother," he begins. "She's dead."

Y/n gasps and pulls him into a hug as tears fall from his face numbly.

Y/n looks up at him and sets her sheets down. "I didn't know that you were right in front of me until I looked up," he continues.

Kylo scans the bridge, observing the officer's work. Suddenly, a foreign Force Signature enters his atmosphere and he tenses. "Who is near?" He asks Hux vaguely.

"Well, um, sir, we just had a new First Order ship enter the atmosphere," the ginger replies. Just as he says that, a large hologram flickers to life in front of Kylo. And there is Y/n. Standing in all her glory, hands folded behind her back and hair down majestically.

"Commander Kylo Ren," she begins. "I believe I am to be your Co-Commander."

"What?!" He barks.

"That's no way to speak to me. Snoke didn't tell you about my arrival? Hm. Well, I am Commander L/n Y/n L/n."

He smiles at her, his big choclately brown eyes full of tears. "You make me want to cry in a good way, Y/n."

She smiles softly at him and crawls over the bed to him, sitting back on her heels and placing her hands on his chest. "You weigh really close to me, don't you? I can feel it when we touch."

"Kylo, you need to eat. It's the only way you'll stay strong for me. Please, I made your favorite meal," Y/n begs.

Shamefully, he rejects it. "I'm just not hungry."

Y/n inches closer and cups his face, wiping his shameful fallen tears away as her eyes fill with their own. "And I know you've been having nightmares lately, and I'm sorry I go to sleep first."

Kylo thrashes in the bed, whimpering and crying through his deep sleep. Y/n props herself up on her elbows and dips her fingers in the glass of water beside the bed, gently smearing the cool liquid on his face. After his face is damped, she peppers kisses on it, squeezing his shoulders to gently wake him up. Shaking him awake scares him too much.

"Hey, Kylo, baby. It's okay, I'm here. It was just a nightmare," Y/n coaxes, smoothing his sweaty black hair. He blubbers about, trying to get out words, but Y/n just shushes him. "It's okay. You don't have to say anything. I'm right here."

"You make me want to cry in a good way," Y/n laughs, wiping her own tears away. Kylo pulls her close and kisses her fondly.