you should see me in a crown (Loki x Reader)

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is December 2, 2020. I'm getting into Billie Eilish, and so far "you should see me in a crown" is definitely my favorite. While I listened to it on loop, I came up with this idea and I'M IN LOVE WITH IT ok lemme know what you think of it

Warnings: death with no remorse

also pretend that avengers takes place instead of thor ragnorak. like y/n is still an avenger, but ultron was the first avengers. IDK JUST PRETEND

Y/n calmly walks onto the S.H.I.E.L.D base, people immediately recognizing the Avenger.

Walking past the heavily armed guards, she conceals her smirk. They don't even know what's about to happen, she thinks to herself. It's not like they can. Their minds are too small to register magic.

Passing one last guard, she finds herself in a large lab with the Tesseract in the center.

Y/n approaches the lab technicians. "Hi, Y/n," they greet. Lifting up her hands, she casts an illusion spell. They gasp and stagger backwards.

"W-who are you?" They ask, trembling.

Pulling a sword out of thin air, she advances on them with a sick smile. "I am still Y/n, Princess of Alfheim. But you may call me Your Royal Highness." With that, she attacks on them, quickly stabbing and slicing at the technicians, ending their pathetic lives.

She wipes the blood off the sword on the crease of her elbow. Vanishing the sword, she approaches a computer and reads the gamma levels. Tweaking some controls, she raises the level so it will create a doorway within the next 24 hours.

"And now we wait until the world is mine," Y/n says smugly, vanishing the bodies and turning herself invisible.

\--/

After about 15 hours of waiting and many people coming in and out of the lab, including Eric Selvig and Dr. Fury, the colors in the Tesseract begin jumping up and a large portal. In a blinding flash of light, Y/n breaks out into a beam.

Her secret lover, Loki, is standing on the platform, clutching his scepter.

"It worked," she whispers to herself.

"Who are you and how did you get here?" Fury demands.

"I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose," he says cooly.

Y/n emerges from the shadows with a sick smile. "He had help," she huffs, resting her arm on his shoulder. Loki's head turns and he looks at her, smirking with malicious intent, but also love. His lips catch hers in a quick kiss.

"L/n?! What is this?!" Fury asks.

Y/n glares at him. "Gladly betraying you and the rest of the pathetic Avengers. And reclaiming my birthright as Princess alongside my love."

"You are an Avenger, Y/n, whatever spell he's put you under can't be strong enough to hold you under," Eric attempts to coax.

"Have my eyes changed color, idiot?! Or is it just possible that you're all so daft you couldn't see there was an Imposter among you? This is who I am. Who I really am, Selvig," she snaps.

"You've never acted like a princess before," Fury scoffs.

Y/n locks eyes with him. "Then you should see me in a crown." With this, Loki blasts technicians with his scepter.

Y/n advances on Selvig and Fury. "I'm gonna run this nothing town." Loki tosses her the scepter and she catches it, pressing the tip to Selvig's chest. His eyes saturate into a bright blue. 

Fury staggers backwards and Y/n turns on him. "Watch me make them bow one by one."

His mouth opens, but no sound comes out. For once in his life, he's genuinely at a loss for words. Y/n's laughter rings out. "Your silence is my favorite sound."

She pulls a gun out and shoots his leg. He falls to the ground in pain and Y/n spots a fleeing Clint in the rafters. Reaching her hands to the weeds growing in the cracks of the concrete, she uses her light elf magic to grow the weeds under her feet, lifting her up in front of Clint. 

"Boo." She brings the tip to his chest and watches as his consciousness leaves him, his mind full of power and obedience.

The weeds return to their normal state and Y/n stands beside Loki. They link arms and walk out of the base, their army following them.