Evermore (Loki x Reader)

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is January 20th, 2020. HAPPY INAUGURATION DAY!! oh my god i cant even express how happy i am. i feel as if this giant weight that has been pressing down for 4 years has finally gone away and i can breathe, truly breathe again. i feel safe in this country, and i have such pure hope for america and its people. i open my windows this morning to hope.

"I was the one who had it all. I was the master of my fate. I never needed anybody in my life."

Loki leans back in his throne, watching Y/n open the large, dusty curtains, much ot his distast.e She smooths down her dress and smiles up, looking at the huge barrel ceiling with stunning paintings inscribed at the top. She spins around a little, soaking it in. Loki sneers at her and rolls his eyes.

"I learned the truth too late. I'll never shake away the pain. I close my eyes but she's still there. I let her steal into my melancholy heart. It's more than I can bear"

Y/n eagerly steps into the large library that Loki opened up to her reluctantly. She gasps, clasping her hands on her mouth, running through the aisles and jumping up on the ladder. Without catching himself, Loki watches her with a small smile etched on his lips at her happiness.

"Now I know she'll never leave me! Even as she runs away! She will still torment me, calm me, hurt me. Move me, come what may."

Loki walks into the library to check on Y/n, who had been in the library for hours. He finds her in front of the fireplace, sleeping peacefully. He sighs deeply, calmed by her sight. As he lays in his bed, everytime he closes his eyes, he sees her sleeping form.

"Wasting in my lonely tower. Waiting by an open door, I'll fool myself, she'll walk right in and be with me for evermore."

Loki races up the steps of his castle and catches the glimpse of Y/n's ballgown as she runs down the moonlit path of the groomed garden. He grips the railing tightly, resisting the urge to take her back and hold her close.

"I rage against the trials of love. I curse the fading of the light. Though she's already flown so far beyond my reach, she's never out of sight."

Loki attempts to fight away the overwhelming feeling of guilt and hurt seeping through his rapidly thumping heart. The feeling courses through every part of his body, settling in his stomach and chest. "Guilt," he says aloud. Love, he thinks to himself.

"Now I know she'll never leave me! Even as she fades from view! She will still inspire me, be a part of everything I do."

Loki dines silently by himself. He glances across the table, expecting to see Y/n peering at him over the candleabras that illuminate the banquet as she had every night. He sits in the library, passionately reading, spending hours pouring through every book she gushes over.

"Wasting in my lonely tower. Waiting by an open door. I'll fool myself, she'll walk right in and as the long, long nights begin I'll think of all that might have been, waiting here for evermore!"

Y/n turns around before the gate and turns, slowly. Loki stands up immediately, looking down at her, his emerald eyes glimmering in the eery moonlight. She smiles softly at him and continues running.