I Don't Want To Hurt You Part 2

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is May 11, 2021. I got a new phone! A purple IPhone 12. I had an IPhone 6S that was used by my dad and sister before, so this is a HUGE upgrade. Anyways, here's the part two you guys wanted!

"What can it do?" Y/n asks.

"Uh...break things? And people?" Bucky answers unsurely.

"But like, you don't have a nuke hidden inside it?"

"Do I- no!" He exclaims, a hint of a smile on his lips.

"Sorry!" She giggles. She stands up, rolling his shirt sleeve back to see the scars that connect the arm to his skin. His muscles tense self-consciously. "You're okay," Y/n whispers absent-mindly, which causes him to relax.

"Do you want it to shoot a nuke?" She asks quitely.

"Why would I want my arm to shoot a nuke, doll?" He asks with playful scrutiny, the pet name slipping off his tongue. 

Y/n blushes violently. "Cause it's cool," she mumbles. 

"...Alright," Bucky finally agrees. Y/n looks up at him, shocked.

"Really?!"

"Sure. Why not?"

She squeals and grabs his human hand, dragging him out of the room and through the kitchen/living room. The Avengers stare at them, Clint whistling sharply as Steve raises an eyebrow at them.

"Woah, woah, where are you guys going?" Tony asks.

"IMGONNABUILDBUCKYANUKE!" Y/n fumbles out, pausing before running out, yanking him with her. She slides down the stair banister, unlocking the lab eagerly. Glancing up, she watches Bucky struggle to balance on the railing and slowly squeaking his way down.

When he lands, he straightens and stares at Y/n, a little smile on his lips. "That was pitiful," she comments. He rolls his eyes and shoves her in the lab. She pulls out a stool, brushing power tools off it and allowing him to sit on it. 

She grabs a handful of welding tools and sets it on the table beside him. She taps her lips in deep thought, trying to remember something. "I could've sworn it was here," she mumbles.

Pacing around, Y/n looks under tables, in shelves, and on the floor. Bucky watches her closely. "What are you looking for, doll?"

Y/n blushes and opens a mini-fridge. "AH-ha!" She exclaims, brandishing a small missile.

"WHY DO YOU HAVE THAT IN YOUR FRIDGE?" Bucky yells. She shrugs and walks over, setting it on the table. She places a welding helmet on her head, before looking around and handing a bright pink one to Bucky. He rolls his eyes and puts it on, flipping his hair over it.

Y/n picks up a power saw and begins working into the arm, checking in with Bucky regularly to see if she's hurting him. "Hey FRIDAY, shuffle my playlist 'SOS im trapped on starkiller with kylo ren,' she says. yes this is actually a playlist of mine 

I Threw Glass At My Friend's Eye And Now I'm On Probation by Destroy Boys begins blasting and Y/n mumbles the lyrics, bopping her head to the beat. Bucky listens with a keen ear, just slightly concerned by the title of the playlist, song, and the lyrics. 

"But FUCK YOU you're so old like SERIOUSLYDUDE WHADDYATHINKYOUR D O I N G?? your hands are so big and you're so talllll wowwwwwwwwww you know i kinda wish i let you do that ONE THING that ONE TIME  B U T  in retrospect it woulda been a bad idea cause YOU DONT CARE ABOUT ME LIKE I CARE ABOUT YOU- so," Y/n sings, eliciting wild looks from bucky.

She looks up at him, turning off the drill, flipping off her visor up and grinning at him. "You good?"

His eyebrows scrunch up, like he's thinking. "Never invite me over ever again. Just kidding, please do I really wanna hang out with you," he sings out horribly. He sounded like he was in pain, but that doesn't stop Y/n from keeling over with laughter, howling out praise and begging for mercy as she cackles. "Stop laughing," Bucky reluctantly giggles.

\--/

"OH GOD ITS YOUUUUUUUUU THAT I LIEEEEEEEEE WITHHHHHHHHHHH AS THE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATOM BOMB LOOOOOOOOOCKS INNNNNNNNN YES ITS YOUUUUUUUUUUUU I WELCOME DEATHHHHHHHHHHHH WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH AS THE WORLDDDDDDDDDDDDDD AS THE WORLD CAVES IN!!" Y/n screams into Bucky's chest.

His left arm is still strapped down, but Y/n is slumped over as she cries into his shirt. Hesitantly, his right arm comes around her back to hug her, awkwardly rubbing her back. She looks up at him with glistening eyes and smiles, sitting back on her chair and wiping her eyes.

"I'm gonna put the missile in now," she says casually as if she wasn't just seconds away from a mental breakdown. Reaching up, she tugs at his metal shoulder, which clanks the entire arm off.

Bucky's jaw drops as he stares at his amputated arm. "What-?!"

"I'm not about to put an untested and live bomb in your arm, Buck," Y/n says. "Go up and eat dinner, I'll be there soon."

He nods, tugging his sleeve down and standing up. Before he reaches the doorway, he pauses and turns around. He quickly walks over and presses a kiss to Y/n's cheek, both burning with surprise. "Don't blow anything up, doll." He winks and climbs up the stairs.

Upstairs, the Avengers are all in various places in the living room, eating pasta. Bucky serves himself and they all chat before their gazes are turned to something behind him. He turns around and sees Y/n covered in black soot, holding a scorched metal missile. "I blew stuff up," she whispers.

And that's how Bucky and Y/n find themselves sitting in the labs bathroom while Bucky wipes black ash off of her. "Thanks," she whispers hoarsely.

"My arm okay?" 

"Yeah, it's fine. I jumped on it to protect it. I may be a good engineer, but I don't know the first thing about crafting a bionic arm," she jokes.

Bucky's fingers abandon the washcloth and tuck a stand of hair behind her ear. "You're remarkable," he mutters, glancing from her lips to study her face.

Their lips meet in the middle, his supple and sweet on hers as they work in unison against each other. They break as Bucky rests his forehead on hers. He laughs a little, his eyes closing. "I don't want to hurt you," he whispers.

"Trust me. You won't."