Get It Right (Peter Parker x OC)

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is November 6, 2021. I am so sorry that this took so long! I've been swamped and have been wanting to get this one out. I wrote this one for "iamwhysteria", who is the one that has drawn all of my lovely pfps! 

The elevator doors open to reveal the grand floor of the Avengers tower, filled with people and lights and music and drink and pure merriment. Whysteria pales a little, clutching Peter's arm tighter as she glances up at him. "This isn't a gala. This is a rave," she whispers.

"This is a party thrown by Tony Stark. Nothing can ever be firmly classified as a 'gala'," Peter says honestly, calmly guiding her in. They push through the people dancing and enjoying themselves, making their way over to the side of the dance floor where the table for the Avengers is, right next to the bar. How convenient. Natasha, Bruce, Clint, Thor, and Steve are all there.

"Hey, Whyst!" Nat exclaims cheerfully, hugging the girl. "I really love your dress. Make sure to give me the name of the designer later," she says with a wink.

Whysteria smiles, glancing down at the sage-green embroidered gown. "Thanks, Nat."

"What can I get for you, babe?" Peter asks, stepping behind the bar. "Oh, wait, lemme guess. Pink lemonade?" He asks, interuppting Whysteria's answer.

Whysteria blushes, smiling as she nods. Peter smiles warmly at her, beginning to make it. "So, how have you two been?" Thor asks, raising his cup to his lips.

"We've been good. It's been great. Finishing college was amazing, and obviously, being part of the Avengers is fantastic. It's been smooth sailing," Whysteria gushes happily.

"You kids are cute," Clint muses, clinking glasses. 

"YOYOYOYOOOOO! HOW WE FEELIN' OUT THERE TONIGHT?" Tony yells from the DJ stand. Everyone in the crowd cheers in response, raising their glasses. "THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!! THE FLOOR IS NOW OPEN FOR...KARAOKE!!" He jogs down, letting the music continue playing as leaving Happy to deal with karaoke cards.

He pats Whyst on the shoulder. "Oh, hey kid. How are the lovebirds?"

"Ah, they were just saying how well they are doing!" Thor exclaims with a smile.

Peter places the drink down in front of Whysteria, before an idea lights up in his head. He pours a shot and downs it. "Woah, kid, easy there. That's not like you," Tony warns.

"Nope. But I'm gonna need it," he says, baring his teeth as he forces it down. Pressing a kiss to Whysteria's forehead, he jumps up on the platform, grabbing the microphone. "Hey, everybody! I'm-I'm Peter Parker," he says, his voice cracking.

Whysteria watches with a curious look, quirking an eyebrow as she sips from her drink. "I have a song that I wanted to sing for my wif-girlfriend. My girlfriend, Whysteria," he says, pointing to her. A spotlight swivels, illuminating her. She winces, waving. 

"There's a song I want to sing for her, one that I wrote. So...here it goes," he says, clearing his throat. "It's not you, it's me. The timing and the setting aren't what I thought they'd be. There's probably someone better for you out there anyway. Maybe I just need some space..."

Whysteria's jaw opens a little in shock, glancing around. "No, I should just come out and say... I wanna get this right, baby! I wanna thrill you in the way you deserve. I wanna blow your mind, darling! I'm just having trouble getting up the nerve- I wanna give you what you want. I wanna be the man you choose. I wanna sweep you off your feet- without puking on your shoes," Peter sings nervously, laughing a little.

"Maybe I'll do better in the candlelight! I gotta get this right," Peter sings. Whysteria gets up, abandoning her drink as she begins to walk to him. "NO- no, no, stay right where you are. I wanna make you swoon, baby. I wanna rock you with my righteous romance," Peter sings suggestively, winking. "I wanna set a mood, darling, but I'm sweating through the seat of these pants."

"Are you okay-?" Whysteria calls out. 

"I had planned to read a poem. I thought I'd play a little lute. Ooh, here's a thing-! I've got a ring, that I didn't bring?" Peter gasps, patting down his pocket. Everyone gasps in shock, realizing what's happening. "Oh, shoot!"

He begins to climb down the platform, absolutely embarassed. "So, this went very well, goodnight- I didn't get this right."

Whysteria runs after him, picking up her swishing skirts. "Peter! It's okay! Come back!" She calls out, catching up with him.

Peter whips around, grabbing her hands and looking into her eyes. "I've never been in love before. I don't know what I'm doing- I've never been too worldly in the ways of woman-wooing. I'm freezing up, I'm blowing it! It's not what I meant to do. I know how crazy lucky I am to love you."

Whysteria laughs, crying just a little as he grabs her face, pushing her hair away. "Gorgeous, funny, brave, and brilliant. Beautiful, won't give up on anyone- it's you!"

"Aww!" Whysteria coos, rubbing into his hands. 

"I wanna get this right, baby," Peter sings in a funny voice, making Whyst burst into laughter. "I wanna love you in the best way I can. I wanna make you cry- in a good way! By proving I could be your perfect man. I meant to write it in the sky. I meant to get down on one knee. I planned to really try to be the opposite of me."

Whysteria shakes her head no, grabbing his hands. "But Whysteria, I will love you with all my might. I promise you, in here," he says, pressing his hand against her chest. "I've got that part right. Well, maybe we should do this on some other night..." he says, tapping her cheek and walking away.

"Wait!" Whyst calls out, holding out her hand. "Peter Benjamin Parker, will you marry me?" She asks, holding out a blue and red ring for him.

Peter's jaw drops. "You got that right!" He exclaims, running to her and picking her up, swinging her around in pure joy.

"Baby, I'm gonna thrill you in the way you deserve! We're gonna get this right, darling, as long as we're together, we won't lose our nerve," Whysteria says to him, pressing their foreheads together.

"I'm gonna be the man you want."

"Guess what? You already are."

"I wanna make your life so good."

"You're doing pretty good so far!"

"We got the hard part over with, now hold me tight."

We're gonna get this right!"

hope you liked it whyst!! <33