Soldier, Poet, King (Ned+Peter x Reader)

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is July 8, 2021. I'M SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG! BUT LUCKILY SCREAMING PRESIDENT LOKI AS WELL AS ALL OF THE VARIANTS CAN TIDE YOU OVER IM SO SORRY

Warnings: Blood, Villian arc <3

A Little Cabin in New York, 2007

"You kids be careful playing! Do not go too far!" Aunt May calls out from her spot on the porch with Ned and Y/n's parents.

Ned, Peter, and Y/n, all 6 years old, nod and giddily run off into the sparse forest a few yards away from the cabin they've rented out on vacation. Finding a beautiful sunlit clearing surrounded by climbing pine trees.

Peter finds a long stick and a smaller one, pulling some rubber bands out from his pocket (as well as a candy wrapper) and strapping them together so the smaller stick is intersecting the longer one.

There will come a soldier

Who carries a mighty sword

He will tear your city down.

Peter brandishes his stick sword, attempting to growl menacingly, to which Y/n laughs at, keeling over and slapping her knee.

Ned plops himself down on the ground, picking up a little twig and beginning to absent-mindly write the simple codes he's begun memorizing into the mud.

There will come a poet

Whose weapon is his word

He will slay you with his tongue.

"Why are you even writing that stuff down, Nub?" Y/n asks with his nickname, leaning over his shoulder, tangled h/c hair tickling his ears.

"Memorization is key," he replies curtly as if it's the most obvious answer ever.

"...What? You're such a nerd!" Y/n laughs, slinging her arm around Peter. "And I know you have whatever that code is memorized too, nerd," she whispers into his ear, causing him to blush and rub his neck.

Y/n walks over to a little blackberry bush lining the clearing and begins tearing at the thicket, taking the thorned vines and beginning to tie them together into a circlet. Placing it on her head, it slides down over her forehead, slicing small cuts down her with the thorns, causing her to cry out in pain as she tries to grab it, but only punctures her fingers as well.

Blood flows from her cuts to her eyebrows, drips into her eyes and down her cheeks, the blood from her fingers only worsening it. 

There will come a ruler

Whose brow is laid in thorn

Smeared with oil like David's boy.

\--/

New York City, 2021

"Ned, I need you to hack into the suit's infastructure now! The only way I'm gonna win this fight is if we get rid of whatever Tony put onto the suit!" Peter cries, thrusting himself between buildings on his web. 

"Dude, I'm trying. Ever since we disabled it last, Stark really upped the ante on this. As much as I hate it, you've also gotta admire this guys's knack for coding," Ned admits into the headset from his chair and computer, typing furiously as he wracks his brain for all coding knowledge and putting it on this. 

There will come a poet

Whose weapon is his word

He will slay you with his tongue.

"Karen, how are we doing with identifying King Briar? Dude, what a stupid name...what's it suppose to mean?" Peter asks.

"Uh...nothing so far yet, Peter. I'll still look," Karen responds nervously, as if hiding something.

"Karen..." Peter begins.

"Peter, look out! Civilians!" Karen calls out, luckily a diversion revealing itself. 

Peter swoops down to usher civilians off of the path of destruction and into the safe hands of the police officers, who provide them with a bunker filled with other rescued people. 

There will come a soldier

Who carries a mighty sword

He will tear your city down.

Peter spots something at the top of a huge highrise. Gaining altitude as he propels himself higher and higher, he realizes it's a giant throne made out of thorns, scraggly spires reaching out all around it.

 Gaining altitude as he propels himself higher and higher, he realizes it's a giant throne made out of thorns, scraggly spires reaching out all around it

And seated in the center is...a woman.

A beautiful woman. With smooth s/c skin, flowing h/c hair, a beautiful gown with thorn design embroidered on it and a crown made of thorns seated on her brow.

 With smooth s/c skin, flowing h/c hair, a beautiful gown with thorn design embroidered on it and a crown made of thorns seated on her brow

As Peter lands softly a few yards in front of the throne, he realizes he's on his knees in front of her. Craning his head to look up at her, the sun shines into his eyes, seated in the sky directly above the top of the throne, backlighting the figure in the seat.

"I wonder why everyone was calling you King Briar. My apologies, Queen Briar," he calls out.

"Oh, don't stop calling me King. I was rather enjoying the added fear to being a man," the figure twinkles out in a charming yet familiar voice.

Peter squints his eyes through the mask, trying to focus on the face.

The face looks up at him and smiles, crossing her legs. Though blood may be streaking down her face as it did so many years ago, it's still the same face.

Y/n's.

There will come a ruler

Whose brow is laid in thorn

Smeared with oil like David's boy.

HOLY SHIT I LOVED THIS