Chapter Twelve: Riversong

After Blackheart wandered I had chosen to follow Snowfire and Pinefall back to the Riverclan camp.

It was weird being in a different territory other then my own, after all I was still going to return to Thunderclan and continue being their Medicine cat just as Starclan had told me to do the night I became an apprentice.

Suddenly a starry cat appeared in front of me, it was the Windclan warrior I had spoken to at the Moonstone.

"A Leaf's Edge Carries the Trace of a Snare That Has Been Cast." Splashstar murmured the prophecy and when he fully faded from view a red leaf fell to the ground where he stood, though I knew it was red simply from the coming Leaffall it almost looked as though it was dipped in blood.

My mind immediately flipped to Blackheart who was in the forest alone, but then I herd a yowl of pain come from the Riverclan camps direction.

I sprinted strait to the sound.

When I got in the camp it was bustling with life and the stench of freshly spilled blood was everywhere. I looked around quickly to find Snowfire, but instead I bumped into Feathersplash who was carrying a lump of cobweb in her mouth.

"What happened?" I sputtered

"Leafkit attacked Snareclaw, he's seriously injured and I really don't have the time to talk with you." she said after setting down the cobweb, "now help me out by grabbing this, take it to my den while I go get more."

I did as I was told and picked up the cobweb, the Medicine-den was easy to find because it was only a few tail lengths from were I bumped into Feathersplash.

The den felt hot and the air was sticky, my fur pricked with anger when I saw what the kit had done, (how could a kit do such harm to a warrior?) I thought to my self as I began pressing the cobwebs to the warriors belly-wound, he grunted in his pain.

The last time I had seen this much blood was when Blackheart... But these were not the same wounds as Blackheart, luckily...