Chapter Eight: Riversong

I could hardly bare the sounds of battle that rose around me. The moon had long since passed and now the sun turned the clearing blood-red as the light bounced off the blood covered high rock. Lucky for me one of the Riverclan warriors had stopped the Shadowclan leader from attacking me, giving me the time to slip away with the other medicine cats.

fear and anger filled the Shadowclan cats eyes as she whispered "Starclan... Why did you grant this demon nine lives. Now we will be doomed to his harm for nine life spans." 

I knew that I need not scold her for not telling us, she was to do that himself.

Looking into the clearing once more I was amazed to see more Thunderclan warriors appearing, it was as if Starclan had sent them. But after a few long moments of watching, I saw in the middle of the clearing Blackheart! She and a Windclan cat were starring at each other, not in anger but, in surprise. It looked as though they knew each other but did not. I had to get to them before another cat saw.  

Too late...

"Foxpaw!" a warrior gasped as he made his way to the two cats, his astonishment turned to anger as he saw what was truly happening "You!" he snarled at Blackheart "What have you done to my apprentice?!" all Blackheart could do was stand there, for she could not respond to his threat.

"Shes done nothing!" the apprentice told his mentor "We just met at a gathering once, - sh-she cant speak!"

"Really?" the tom snarled as he pounce on Blackheart "speak you worthless liar! Filling his head with stupid lies! If she cant bring herself to kill you then I will!" he then tried to give a death bite on her neck. 

I couldn't watch, my last glance at my sister had been of her eyes filled with fear as she saw no way out of his grip.
A few moments past and the clearing felt utterly quiet, I opened my eyes and only saw a few cats left in the clearing mainly Riverclan and Thunderclan, the only other cat of a different clan was Foxpaw, who sat next to Blackheart. 

Even Darkwisker had left with her clan. As I walked up to Blackheart and Foxpaw I listened in on what the apprentice was saying to my sister.

"Why did you lie to me? I might have listened to you anyway if you hadn't told me you were Starclan!" 

 In reply all Blackheart did was shake her head. I decided that was the time I would enter their conversation.

"Hello- Foxpaw is it? I saw how you saved my sister from your own mentor, and I am grateful for that."

"you don't need to be, Blackheart was going to help me, she told me that she had been hurt by an enemy clans warrior, the only thing i now see was they lie was the part were she said she died."

"i see..." I said in amazement "she has spoken to you? How so?"

"In dreams! She knew I needed help and she was there to help me! That is why I helped her, cause she would do the same for me!"

Before I could reply to her, a gentle tail tapped my shoulder. I turned and saw that it was a she-cat who I'd never met before. 

"I am Snowfire of Riverclan." she said kindly "My leader says it was you who herd them coming and you who warned us. Was it?"

"Yes," I said blushing slightly with embarrassment "that was me, but really others must have heard it as well."

"I know the feeling," she said a small smile growing on her face "I was the only one in my clan to scent Skyclan when we had already been fighting."

"Oh? So its true that Skyclan has returned to the forest."

"It is." she nodded

"Good, it is time for the clans to know of the true five clans." I purred

"Riversong!" I heard Amberstar calling me from the other side of the clearing
"I must go for now but I do hope we have a chance to talk again." I meowed bowing my head as i ran to Amberstars side, 

It was a weird feeling to have a chat with a warrior of a different clan, normally I stuck to the medicine-cats or my own clan. But it was a good weird, because it meant that our clan had at least one ally in our forest.