Chapter Seven: Blackheart

My eyes had just closed as the fox appeared before me, I was standing in a clearing at four-trees, cats battling all around me, cats- from my clan! Cats I knew!

'Fox!! Whats going on?! Its full moon why are these cats battling?!'

She looked at me with a sad glance and whispered "This is what is happening now, Shadowclan has joined Windclan in their lack of faith. You must warn the clan and bring more to help." she closed her eyes and whispered to herself- "With these powers of dark, let me heal for the lights gain."

'Wait! Powers of dark? What are you doing?!' I gasped, for I did not wish to be a part of the dark forest.

"You need not worry young one, you have not done anything wrong. I am but the guardian of the dark forest, and I have healed your legs so you can save the living forests of these darkness's that pass. 'Only the darkness of thunder and with the swiftness of the river can save the howling wind'"

'please tell me what you mean! I am no medicine cat I don't understand!'

"I cannot tell but you may be helped by others, for now you must go, or you will feel the pain of great loss..." she then turned and sulked into the fighting cats with nothing more then a flick of her silver blue tail, she faded into a mist leaving me gasping for air in the medicine den.

I gave a wobbly start as I used my legs that had been healed by the fox, and the first thing that crossed my mind was 'how am I to do this?!? After all who will understand me?' 

As if to hear my question, a warrior walked into the den, to check on me.

"Blackheart?!" she gasped

But I had no time for her amazement to linger on me, I had to lead a battle party to the four-trees! 

I ran out of the den with fear in my eyes to show her that it was urgent, and I rushed in to the warriors den, I had to wake them all up!

"What are you doing" the warrior that had seen me gasped

'We haven't got time Flashpelt! We have to get them all up!' I mouthed the hiss at her. The black she cat nodded and seemed to understand as she roused the other warriors.

Once all the warriors and apprentices were up I dashed to the bramble tunnel and tried to explain what was going on by mouthing words. 

We had to stop this battle before fox's prophesied words came true!

_______________________________

It felt like moons before I had many of the warriors following me through the forest. But now they didn't need me to guide them for the shrieks of battle were now easy to hear. 

There was only one cat I was listening for though- Riversong. If she died i would be out of kin in my clan, not only that but no one would understand me again.

I felt a pelt brush against mine as I ran, but when i looked there was nothing but a glimmer of blue.

'Fox? Are you here to battle with me?' I asked

"Yes, and it is time you knew my true name..."

'You have a name?' 

"I too was once a warrior, but I left the clans and now my spirit lives as many forms, I am Splashstar- once of Windclan- once of Skyclan, -and once of Bloodclan, I have live many lives and have held many shapes, but for now I am the guardian of darkness and, your spirits guide. Fight for your clan, fight for the forests of light. You will win this battle, and many will follow it."

With that Splashstar's pelt vanished but now I could feel her strength within me.

The trees now lurched before me, their leaves silhouetted buy the blood red sunrise light, as if it were a sing from Starclan that there would be loss.  

But for who, it didn't say.

As I stood once again at the lead of a patrol I knew what I needed to do, then just as id seen Amberstar do many times, I flicked my tail, sending my cats into the clearing, though sadly without a battle cry. 

Wind surged through my fur followed by the electricity of power, this was my battle! And I would win it!

Claws raked through my pelt as I battled a Windclan warrior, anger filled his yellow eyes. He aimed a swipe at my muzzle but before he could I leaped into the air, landing on his back. He squirmed underneath me trying to escape, I knew this warrior from other gatherings we had been what you might call friends, but now in the mist of battle this warrior was my enemy and he would pay for his wrong doings!

I let my hind claws scrape his back until he begged for mercy, and knew he was beat. As I watched him flee to the under brush I knew that Splashstar was right.

Claws ripped through my back fur as an Windclan cat tried to fight me, something of his scent was familiar, no matter I had to defend myself. But as I turned I saw and wished I hadn't, Foxpaw, who's surprise lingered in his eyes as will as mine, now he knew that I was no Starclan cat.