Chapter Forty-Two: Riversong

I watched in fear as fought, those that had attacked us not showing mercy and even fighting against the wounded she-cat when she tried to stop them.

I turned around and began to run into the cave, continuing to run until I reached the main section of the cave were cats stood, listening to the fighting outside.

"Rouges are attacking!" I panted "We're out numbered!" watching as more of the tribes cave guards rushed outside, yowling as they met the rouges in battle.

Several long moments passed as the screeches of battle slowed to a halt.

Cave guards began to filter in through the waterfall entrance, those not as badly hurt helping those who could hardly walk. The last one to enter was the she cat who had been used as bait to draw us out, she was carried by two cave guards as her wounds were so bad she could hardly move.

---

There were many wounds, so many that stoneteller was forced to allow my help with their care.

The she cat had feinted the moment she set foot in the cave, she now rested in a nest at the back of the den, where the dappled moon light could not wake her in her tense sleep.

Once careing for the tribe cats I tended to her wounds as well. My paws gently dousing water over her as the piece of moss in my paws gently scrubbed off the dirt that had gathered in the fight, it didn't take long for me to notice something wrong with her wounds.

They were the same as Blackhearts had been many moons ago.