Chapter Forty-Five: Nettleblossom

I could feel my forest soft paws ache as I padded through the night. Blackheart was fast asleep, as well as Tigerfang, Amberstar sat guard over them not far behind me as I sulk over the stones cooled by the night.

Something was wrong with Blackheart, for we had all known of the distrust she held for Tigerfang since Greykit had died, and how could she just give up on her kits.  

My mind immediate pictured Leafstorm, who was still in at camp in the forest; was he in on this too?

Shaking my head I listened closly to the nearby sound of falling water, I was close. 

It was almost as soon as I'd realized that, that I saw the waterfall open up before me, the washed yet strong scent of many cats coming from inside, I could even pick out the odd yet familiar scent of Riversong among them.

I rushed inside, letting the wall of mist dampen my white pelt as I entered the cave.  

I looked around quickly looking for my friend, needing to warn her of her sister, but many cats slept in the dark edges of the den.

Just as I prepared to move forward a shape slammed into me, I fell, the wind being knocked from my lungs. Claws met my side as I was held to the ground, I could feel blood easing its way through my new wound as the cat spoke commandingly.

"What do you want?" He hissed, not loosening his grip.

"Please!" I gasped, trying to return breath to my lungs. "I must speak to Riversong of Thunderclan!" 

Cats were beginning to awaken, heads slowly raising out of their nests to see who had disturbed their den. 

"I need to warn her!" I begged, feeling that every moment I spent pinned to the ground was another moment closer to the others noticing my being gone.

The toms blue eyes seemed to flicker with relief as he seemed to realize I was not a threat. His grip loosened slightly as lifted his head and called, his voice echoing deeper into the cave.  

"Riversong, this cat wishes to speak with you."

Almost emediatly I saw a cat with one blue and one green eye rushing towards me, her pelt covered with a layer of dried mud. 

"Nettleblossom!" She gasped in shock as she recognized my pelt.

The tom who still held me down met her gaze calmly as he spoke. "She is a friend?" Though I felt that he knew I was, he seemed slightly wary.

"Yes!" Riversong purred happily, "Yes Stone, this is one of my clan-mates!"