Chapter Two: Blackheart

It had been three sunrises since we had been attacked by Windclan, two since I'd found my way back to camp. And I was lying in a nest that had been built around me, every few hours my sister would come in and check up on me, but other then that I nearly never saw anyone. I mean I would try to leave to see someone but my hind legs were broken and my wounds still not even close to healing, it feels like I'll be here in this den till I join Starclan. 

Finally, I could scent a new visitor coming through the lichen entrance to the medicine den.

" Is she awake?" The voice said

"Yes, but, she still cannot speak. I believe that her voice has somehow been removed."

"Will she ever speak again?"

"I'm working on a way for her to communicate though it will not be through sound."

huh? Me talking again?!? Even if it wasn't vocal I still needed to tell the clan what I knew of Windclan's plan!

"I see but may I still see how well she is healing?" though I couldn't yet see them it was clear the voice was my mate Tigerfang

"Yes you may but please don't touch her I'm not yet sure if she can feel the pain inside her.." 

"Blackheart?" he said putting his through the lichen then slowly walking to me, my heart was pounding, it was the first time I'd seen him since the day we'd been attacked,

I'm fine! I wish I could only speak to you but I know that you cannot hear me.

"What happened to you..." he said when he saw my wounds, not even I could see them all for if I turned my head it hurt and might open a wound back up  

 It was Whitestar!!!! He said he would torture me and it would be worse then death but I don't see how this is like that.  

"if I find who did this I'll do to them worse then what they did to you!"  

 if only you could hear me! 

"Riversong told me she would find a way for you to talk... I hope she does even if it's not vocal I just want to know what you are thinking..."

That's all I want too...

he started to walk away,

Wait!! 

I opened my mouth and tried to yowl, but because his back was turned he couldn't see what I'd tried to say. 

~The sky was pitch black, there was no moon, no stars, and no scent of prey.  

The only sound was fighting cats, but one sound was close, far to close for comfort.  

I span around to face it, all I can see is it's tail, long silver-blue fur with a white tip. All I can do was stand there watching the tail flick back and forth as the animal watched me, I was frozen with fear.

It stepped out of it's cover  

'A fox!' It's face was a red-orange color though the rest of it was the silver-blue, it's eyes, one yellow, one blue. 

'What's wrong with it...'

"There is nothing wrong with me! I come to help you and that's all you ask!"

I felt startled 'You can hear me?'

"I understand all languages."  

"How will you help me?"

"I do not know yet, though I do know that only you can see and hear, unless I enter someone else's dreams or I visit Starclans hunting grounds."  

'Where am I?' I asked as I looked again at my surroundings again  

"the dark forest, where all evil clan cats go." 

'What?! Why am I here?!'

"Because I need to show you something that is here"

'I still don't understand.'

"the one who took your voice, it was not Whitestar."

'What?'

"let me show you who did it. Come.":

Suddenly it was cold, freezing cold! I opened my eyes only to close them again to shield them from the brightness of the sun. I had been so close to seeing who had really been there and had removed my voice, but I had woken up due to the cold weather. It felt mouse-brained to not be able to sleep through the cold, I'd done it many times before! If I could of I would have sighed at the thought of how weak my body was becoming. what if the fox thinks I just left him! If he did what would he do would he abandon me and just let me live without knowing who did this to me?! 

"I don't think that."

'where are you?'

"I'm in front of you. Open your eyes the light won't harm you." I squinted my eyes open only to find I was no longer in the medicine den but I was in the camp clearing, what more was I was standing! 

'How did we get here? Why are they all not looking at me when I'm standing yet my legs are broken!'

"You are spirit walking. I need you to help someone but you cannot do it in the waking world for two reasons, one, you must heal, two, they must think you are a starclan cat."

'what?! Why?!'

"Just do as I say. I'm only starclans messenger."