lawbreaker | shoto todoroki fluff [female-reader request]

a/n: I hope this was what you wanted when you requested this! <3

prompt: (Y/n) is a vigilante and Shoto is a hero, he manages to convince her to go on a date with him

warning: action/fighting

word count: 748

✮*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✧*˚ Second Person point of view ˚*✧˚*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✮

When someone asks a normal couple how they met, or how they got together, most answer with a cute recount of the beginning of their love story. Oh to be a normal couple...

"Look out!" He shouted. You blocked the incoming attack, only able to protect yourself thanks to Shoto's instinctive warning. You took out the villain with relative ease. That might have been one of the only things you and Shoto had in common: a hate for villains. You and Shoto were very different, yet, you worked well together, even if you were a vigilante. Technically, you were a criminal. Somehow you miraculously escaped before Shoto could put the cuffs on you.

You swept up behind Shoto and knocked out a villain who had managed to sneak up on him. You smirked at the man, shrugging your shoulders.

"Thought I owed you one," You told him playfully with a wink, although it was entirely true. You and Shoto stood on the building rooftop. You could hear sirens in the distance, and the sound of more chaos below you. The concrete streets were torn up, and it was more than difficult to get into the makeshift arena created. Luckily, the area had been evacuated.

"There's one more top-tier villain down there," Shoto explained, critically analyzing the scene. "Not to mention at least fifteen low-level thugs. Backup won't be here for another twenty-five minutes." You hummed in understanding.

"If you handle the villain, I can take care of the others," You told him. He nodded and you both got to work. The fighting left you exhausted, but you kept pushing through. Your life as a vigilante was a difficult one, you didn't get paid, you couldn't always go to the hospital when you had been shot, etc. Part of you wishes you could be a hero, but some people are less privileged than others.

You grabbed the thug by the collar and brought your knee to his face rather harshly. He keeled over and failed to get back up. Your breaths came out in pants, and your arms felt like they were close to shaking. Thankfully, you and Shoto managed to clean up the situation. You smiled in his direction. He looked just as worn out as you did.

"Nice work," You told him, holding up your hand. When he raised his hand to meet yours, you were anticipating a high-five, not to be grabbed and pulled in close.

"I'm not done yet," Shoto told you, using his other hand to hold you still via your waist. "You're a criminal too." You wondered if he was being serious. Was now truly the best time to try and apprehend you? When you were both beat and drained? In a way, it was smart, you were too run out of strength to successfully ward him off. But, you were willing to do your best.

"And here I thought you liked me," You flirted, giving the hero your best puppy dog eyes.

"I do," He admitted, not easing his grip. "But I can't let you continue, (Y/n)."

"Why should I stop?" You asked, keeping your eyes locked on his. "What do I get out of it?"

"I can't date an active lawbreaker," Shoto stated, a small smile playing on his lips. "And I want to date you." A shocked grin broke out on your face. You had a habit of flirting with the half-and-half hero, but you were surprised to find out your attempts to charm him actually worked.

"So you're saying if I hang up the metaphorical cape, you'll go on a date with me?" You clarified, thinking that deal could be a bit too good to be true. Shoto nodded his head, still holding you close. You saw how his eyes flickered down to your lips and then back to your eyes. You smirked and kissed his cheek.

"I'll see you at eight tonight, don't worry, I know where you live," You told him as he let go of you. He didn't want to let you go, it felt too nice to have you in his arms.

"Do I want to know how you found that information?" He asked, half-serious. You shook your head, an unshakable smile on your face.

"As I said, I'll see you at eight," You repeated before fleeing the scene. You felt giddy. You wondered if you'd hear your alarm clock, only to wake up from a dream. You knew better, though, your body stung and ached so you knew this was real. You really had a date with Shoto.