rage issues | izuku midoriya fluff [female-reader request]

Prompt: (Y/n) has anger issues that are directly tied to her quirk, but Midoriya is here to help

Warning: There are some swear words

Word count: 527

.・-: ✧ :- Second Person Point of View -: ✧ :-・.

There was one fatal flaw with your extremely powerful quirk, control. Your quirk converts your anger and rage into pure power, but you lacked the beneficial ability to turn off that conversion. It was a constant struggle to try and keep your quirk in check 24/7 unless you want to accidentally hurt someone or yourself. As the saying goes, with great power comes great need for anger management classes.

Alas, you were far from perfect and there were frequent close calls. It was especially close when you experienced a stressful day. As a hero-in-training, there were so many expectations, rules, assignments, responsibilities, etc. that constantly fell upon your adolescent shoulders. That kind of pressure would get to anyone.

You gripped the straps of your backpack tightly, your knuckles turning a pale color as you practically stomped along the sidewalk. It was the weekend, so most of the kids were getting shipped off to their homes until Monday morning. You were pissed, which was visibly evident by your body language. Today had been shit and you did not want to deal with anyone for the rest of the day, in hopes that you could cool off and avoid an incident. However, you heard the sound of someone's footsteps approaching you. You almost turned around to bite their head off, but instantly felt guilty when you saw who it was,

"Hey, (Y/n)!" Your dear friend Midoriya greeted with that angelic smile of his. You forced a smile and returned the greeting less enthusiastically. Midoriya was quick to catch on to your sour mood, that empath that he was.

"What's wrong?" He asked gently. You sighed, more out of frustration than despair.

"Today sucked," You stated bitterly.

"I'm sorry," He said sympathetically. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really," You said through gritted teeth. "It all just piles up, and some days everything just makes me so angry and I don't know why!" You gripped your backpack tighter, your jaw locking in place as you felt your quirk begin to fire up. The veins in your neck started to turn a different color, matching a low glow in the irises of your eyes, a tell-tale sign of your quirk activating. This, your dear friend also caught on to.

"(Y/n), it's okay, calm down," Midoriya encouraged gently. "Everyone has bad days sometimes, but everything's going to okay." You took a deep breath and stopped walking so you could probably calm down. You closed your eyes, practicing the breathing techniques you were taught to calm your quirk. You felt a warm and comforting hand rest on your shoulder.

"If it was sunshine all the time, life would be a desert," He told you in a tone that made your edge melt away. You relaxed, your shoulders dropping slowly and your quirk successfully being suppressed for the time being. A grateful smile tugged at your lips and you opened your eyes again, and you were met with the kind green eyes of the boy you cared so much for.

"Thank you," You said with a quiet volume. "I don't know what I'd do without you sometimes."

"Well, you'll never have to worry about that!"