father | tomura shigaraki (tenko shimura) parental-fluff [female-reader-request]

A/n: the first person to figure out why I'm using his given name in this one-shot I will follow

Prompt: Shimura has a daughter he never knew about, (Y/n), but she attends UA High

Warning: It's a bit angsty and it has some d r a m a

Word count: 946

.・-: ✧ :- Second Person Point of View -: ✧ :-・.

He watched the train you took home every weeknight. He watched you walk home from the train station every weeknight. It was not his intention to "creep," he only wanted to make sure that you got home safely each night. The city was a very scary place and filled with very dangerous people. The city was filled with very dangerous people like himself, the leader of the League of Villains.

He first stumbled upon your existence by accident. You were a student at UA High, but Tenko Shimura quickly found out that you were more than that. From a careless one night stand, you were his only daughter. He had no idea you existed mere moments ago, but as soon as he saw you his cold heart seemed to soften.

Shimura didn't want you to have the same horrible childhood he had. He was willing and able to protect you and watch over you, so he took it upon himself to do so. Alas, he was the leader of the League of Villains and he had convictions and plans. Both at the USJ and the summer Training Camp, Shimura took every opportunity he had to remind his goons to not lay a hand on you.

Shimura not only wanted to make sure you were safe, but he also wanted to make sure you felt loved seeing as how much of that he lacked as a child. Unsure of any other way to express fatherly affection, Shimura began to leave you little gifts he thought you might like.

It freaked you out at first, but the anonymous presents were nice to receive when you were having a bad day. It always somehow managed to cheer you up to find a messily wrapped box sitting on the doorstep, the windowsill, or on your desk. In the beginning, you were concerned but now it never failed to bring a smile to your face even though you didn't know who was giving you gifts.

One evening, you were calming walking down the city street with your closest friends, Mina and Tsu. While chatting about who knows what, the sound of screams broke out around you. Before there was time for realization or contemplation, a group of villains began terrorizing the surrounding area. You, Mina, and Tsu got separated in the chaos and you ended up backed into a corner.

Shimura had caught the news report about the disarray and knew that it was occurring somewhere on your route home from UA High. He quickly became concerned and set out to make sure you were alright, as odd as it felt to put someone else above himself.

"If you kill me, you'll never get away with it," You spat at the villain who managed to corner you down an alleyway. They scoffed with an evil smirk.

"There aren't any heroes to save you now, little girl," The villain taunted, approaching you slowly. You were too injured to stand a chance against them, and there was truly no hope of the heroes finding you in time. You weren't ready to give up, but you struggled to stay optimistic about the situation.

Suddenly, all the color drained from the villain's face, and in a near-instant, the human being turned to ash on the concrete below your feet. The villain disintegrated to reveal the only person you could think of who was capable of reducing a person to dust. You were nearly paralyzed at being face-to-face with who you knew as Tomura Shigaraki.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you," He promised, appearing to be genuine. Between all the questions swirling around in your head, one, in particular, stood out in need of an answer.

"Why?" You asked, rather desperate for breath. "Why do you keep saving me? What do you want with me?" Shimura sighed, understanding how difficult of a position you were in. You were attending UA High, a school where those who wanted to be heroes went. He was one of the most dangerous villains who hated heroes as a whole. It would be very difficult to accept.

"I know you're confused, (Y/n)--" You cut him off harshly,

"How do you know my name?" You demanded.

"I think I ought to know my own child's name," Shimura blurted out, getting a little bit irritated with how hostile you were being after he just saved your life. He had to remind himself that it was a lot for you, as it was for him when he first found out.

"Wh-What?" You breathed, utter shock and confusion consuming you.

"Please be more careful next time," Shimura stated, ignoring your question. "You're the only family I have anymore, and I want you to stay safe." You failed to process what was being said to you, so you stood there without responding. You wondered what he could gain by lying to you about this.

"How is school going?" Shimura asked after a tension-filled moment of silence.

"F-Fine," You stuttered, unsure of how to proceed.

"That's good to hear," Shimura said, attempting to engage with you. It was awkward, but he was trying his best. He wanted to be the father he never had, but he couldn't help but think it was too late. In the distance, Shimura heard the sound of your friends calling out for you. Knowing heroes were bound to be close by, Shimura reluctantly took his leave.

In a state of shock, you watched as he disappeared and was replaced by Mina and Tsu. You heard the muffled sound of your friends' relief, your head not clear enough to understand anything. They hugged you tight as the villains were arrested.

After the shock wore off and the chaos subsided, there was only one thought left in your head: 'What next?'