the hero and the villain [alt. ending] | izuku midoriya lime

A/n: this is long overdue, but I hope it was worth the wait 

Prompt: After rescuing Deku, (Y/n) finds herself comforting her true feelings about who she thought was her enemy

Warning: Sexual/suggestive content

Word count: 1632

✮*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✧*˚ Second Person point of view ˚*✧˚*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✮

The smell of breakfast floated through the air and lulled Deku awake. He opened his eyes, a bit startled he was in an unfamiliar place. He attempted to sit up quickly, but the sharp pain near his ribs caused him to take a softer and slower approach to getting out of bed. Once on his feet, it was clear he wasn't in a hospital room. Where was he? It looked like a regular bedroom. Deku opened the door and walked out, stiffly and holding his side. The place looked well lived in and like someone truly called it home. He wondered who lived there. The smell of a homecooked breakfast got stronger and stronger as he approached what he assumed was the kitchen. There you were, with your back facing him, working over the stove; a head of pretty (h/c) hair that was a bit messy, and clothes that looked like you had slept in them.

"U-Um, excuse me," Deku spoke up, getting your attention easily and you turned around. "I'm sorry but... " The man then paused, the gears in his brain turning. Something about you looked familiar. Then it clicked.

"You?" He asked in shock. "You're the one who saved me?"

"I was surprised too," You said with a sigh. "Want some breakfast?"

"Why?" Deku asked, putting his guard up as soon as he realized you were a villain.

"Because it's the most important meal of the day," You stated, plating some food for yourself first.

"No, I mean why did you save me?" He asked again, sitting down at the kitchen counter. Deku was a fighter, no one denied that, especially not his enemies. However, he recognized he was in no shape to win a fight. He considered it but decided not to. At first, Deku was unamused and thought for a moment that you might have poisoned the food. When you began to eat from the same pan instead of answering his question, he felt better about eating as well.

"You haven't answered my question yet," Deku asked after a few minutes of silence. "Why did you save me?" You didn't look him in the eye. You struggled to admit it to yourself, let alone say it out loud.

"I don't know why," You confessed with an unsteady tone. "I might be called a villain, but I'm not heartless. I guess I... felt bad for you." He had been practically dying out there in the rain.

"You don't seem to feel bad when you try to kill me," Deku pointed out. You looked at him and laughed. Deku almost smiled too. Something about making you laugh made him happy. It wasn't a bitter or malicious laugh, it was a genuine laugh from someone who had up until that point seemed cruel and unfeeling.

"You're not wrong," You admitted with a shrug. "Who knows, maybe I'm going soft." Your words weren't a joke, part of you felt like you were losing your edge. You saved a fucking hero, what's next? Deku took a moment to contemplate on what you had said. It was different to sit down and talk to you instead of throwing punches. You were more human than he expected. You lived in a home just like he did. You ate the same food and you laughed the same way too. He was surprised at your compassion, even if it did confuse you both.