peace | sekijiro kan (vlad king) fluff

A/N: I am a simp for 30-year-old 2D men and I'm not afraid to admit it 😤ALSO, I was supposed to pm someone when this is published, but I can't find the person I was supposed to message, so if you're reading this I'M SO SORRY!

Prompt: (Y/n) is feeling down, and Kan attempts to help

Warning: None

Word count: 515

✮*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✧*˚ Second Person point of view ˚*✧˚*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✮

A sigh left your lips. Today had been stressful, to say the least. Sometimes, things just piled up. Whether those things are tasks you had to get done or negative thoughts you tried your best to push away. You were thankful to be home, a place that ought to provide you with comfort and safety. It wasn't the home itself, rather, it was who was there. The love of your life, Sekijiro Kan.

"You're not doing well, are you?" He asked, folding his arms over his chest. You looked to find him leaning against the kitchen counter as you made dinner. You looked away, sighing again.

"I... " You were originally going to lie and say you were fine, but you knew better. "You're right." Kan sighed, walking over to you. He removed the cooking tools from your hands and turned off the stove. He looked down at you, a rare gentleness behind his eyes.

"What's wrong, (Y/n)?" He asked in a calm voice. You proceeded to confide in him what has been on your mind lately. He listened, as he always did. He wanted you to know he was there for you, and always would be. Kan took your hand and pulled you away from the kitchen. You didn't protest, feeling drained after pouring your heart out.

Kan took you to your shared bedroom and helped you get into some more comfortable clothes. Relatively easily, Kan managed to scoop you up and place you onto the bed. He wrapped his strong arms around you. Your head rested against his chest as he softly played with your hair.

You took a deep breath. This was exactly what you needed. Kan was warm, and you could just barely hear his steady heartbeat. Your arms crept from your sides to tuck around his neck. You felt completely protected in his arms.

"I love you," You muttered as a thank you. Kan smiled, kissing the top of your head.

"I know," He told you. "I love you too, and I'm here for you. I'll do whatever I can to make you happy."

"I don't think you'll have to try very hard," You chuckled. "I like this right here very much." Kan smiled, finding your nature to be ever-amusing and adorable. Whether it was the way you acted or the way you looked, Kan couldn't help himself from falling madly in love with you. If he was honest with himself, he was probably head over heels from the moment you met what felt like a very long time ago. When Kan had first laid eyes on you, he felt butterflies for the first time in years. While you have gotten very comfortable with each other and those butterflies may not be as strong as they once were, they were replaced with something else. It wasn't butterflies anymore, it was a serene and beautiful contentment. It was peace.

"Are you close to falling asleep?" Kan asked, his volume very low. You shook your head.

"No," You said, your eyes remaining closed. "I'm hungry, we haven't had dinner yet."

"You're right," Kan said, almost laughing. "I might let you get up soon."