as you wish | izuku mydoria fantasy au

prompt: izuku is a lowly stable boy, (y/n) is a princess; what could go wrong?

warning: none

word count: 1453

.・-: ✧ :- second-person point of view -: ✧ :-・.

He heard a shuffle from across the stable. It startled him at first, he grabbed a nearby broom and carefully approached the place where the sound came from. The stable was only lit by a handful of lanterns, so it was difficult to see. But suddenly, a shadowy figure jumped out of the darkness and kicked him to the dirt floor. 

The shadowy figure must've been some thief or mercenary! He thought. They pulled open one of the stall doors but Izuku swung the broom to hit the back of their head. They tried to kick at his torso, but he used the broom to block the hit. Izuku pushed them off their balance and swept them off their feet. They fell and flat on their back and he put the broom against their neck while using the rest of his body to pin them down.

He swiftly pulled their hood away from their face.

"Oh my gosh!" He exclaimed, instantly scrambling away. "My deepest apologies, your majesty! Please forgive me! I had no idea it was you! I meant you no harm, truly!"

"It's alright," You sighed as he knelt some distance from your feet. "It was my bad really, I wasn't exactly trying to be recognized. Please, at ease." You watched as he carefully stood up, eyeing you with nothing but guilt. Izuku watched as you brushed pieces of hay off your clothes. He had never met the daughter of the king he served, but he had stories. Those stories only captured half of the beauty he saw before him.

"What's your name?" You asked.

"I-Izuku Mydoria," He bowed again stiffly. "It's an honor, your highness."

"Well, Izuku Mydoria," You began, watching him flush as you said his name. "I need you to open the stable gate and I will be taking Roach here."

"What?" Izuku asked, confused. He walked closer as you began to push the stall gate open. "I-I can't let you leave, Princess."

"Excuse me?" you asked, your voice filled with attitude. You raised an eyebrow and he was became intimidated. You could easily have him executed if you so wished, but he tried to keep a brave face.

"I have clear orders from my superior to not let any member of the royal family leave," He explained formally, remaining stern. "Not without your father's explicit permission, that is, the kingdom being on the verge of war and all. It's dangerous to leave the castle grounds, especially for someone like you." He swiftly realized the mistake in his words and overcorrected: "Not that I'm calling you weak or incapable! Just unarmed is all, a-and all alone."

"I know what my father's said, but," You cut his rambling off, "but you have to understand where I'm coming from. For years I haven't been able to do anything for myself, I simply want my own freedom."

"I'm--I'm sorry, Princess, but you could get hurt," He stated, putting his arm out so you couldn't climb onto the horse's back. "If you were to die out there, there's no doubt that would mean war. I would love to help you, but I just can't." Izuku watched as you looked shocked, impressed almost.