hug | shoto todoroki fluff [generder-neutral reader request]

a/n: I don't recall the specified pronouns of the reader in this request, so they're going to be gender-neutral.

Prompt: (Y/n) gives their classmate Shoto a hug (that of which he's never experienced before) after he saves them from a villain-attacked building.

Warning: Maybe a little action, but nothing major

Word count: 410

.・-: ✧ :- Second Person Point of View -: ✧ :-・.

You stood trying to catch your breath, adrenaline still rushing through your veins. After the events that just took place, you needed a brief moment to calm down--anyone would! You were with Shoto doing some grocery shopping. You were excited, never having been to a multi-level department store before. You were also excited to spend some one-on-one time with Shoto, whose company you enjoyed greatly.

Alas, you were a member of class 1-A of UA High, and that meant you could never enjoy the simple things in life without some villain sticking their nose where it doesn't belong. The villain wasn't targeting you or Shoto, but someone thought it was a bright idea to hold up the department store. This ended in a fight between the villain and some heroes who showed up.

"(Y/n)!" Shoto shouted. In a last attempt to escape, the villain used their quirk to cause the ceiling to explode. You tried to move out of the way, but it seemed Shoto was faster. He grabbed onto your arm and pulled you out of the way. It was mere moments before a slab of debris collided with you. You both fell to the floor, taking cover anywhere you could find it.  The villain was apprehended and all you civilians were escorted out to the parking lot.

Now that you found your bearings, you knew you had to thank Shoto for saving you. You looked around to spot the peppermint boy a few paces away.

"Shoto," You spoke up, grabbing his attention.

"(Y/n), how are you holding up?" He asked, quickly looking you up and down for any obvious injuries.

"I'm fine, just a little scratched up is all," You shrugged, chuckling slightly. "But I wanted to thank you." Shoto's eyebrows furrowed and he looked puzzled.

"For what?" He asked, sounding genuinely confused. You stepped closer, snuggly wrapping your arms around him. Instantly, Shoto went rigid the moment you hugged him.

"Saving me, obviously," You said very matter-of-factly. "If it wasn't for you I could've been seriously hurt." It was strange for Shoto to experience this. He was not familiar with hugs, having not been hugged very much in his lifetime. Very awkwardly, he patted your back.

"Shoto... you can relax, this is supposed to be nice," You said jokingly. He attempted to relax into your embrace, finding that when he did, he enjoyed it far greater than he did before. It was a sweet gesture, and it meant a lot to Shoto. He would remember it.