two bikes & a picnic | hitoshi shinso

prompt: Hitoshi takes (Y/n) on a nice date

warning: none

word count: 533

.・-: ✧ :- second-person point of view -: ✧ :-・.

The pleasant summer wind whipped across your face, dragging through your hair and waving between the fabrics of your clothes. With a grin on your face, you looked to your left to see Hitoshi glide up beside you. Instead of the smug smirk you were so accustomed to, the tired boy wore a real half-smile. He swiftly pedaled ahead of you, leading the way further west. 

You watched your boyfriend pull off the bike trail and onto the grass, and you mimicked his actions. You leaned your bikes against a sturdy tree, whose branches stretched out over your heads.

"It's so nice here," You said, mostly to yourself as you took in the surroundings. Hitoshi had taken you to a clearing in the forest near a creek. It felt like a page straight out of a fantasy novel just for you and him to share. Hitoshi pulled his bag off his shoulder and unzipped it. He unfolded and spread out the blanket. 

He then sat down, patting the space next to him. You happily joined him and the picnic he brought. Most of the time, Hitoshi preferred to spend time with you at home. Yet, every once in a while, he put effort into taking you somewhere romantic.

"I found this place the other day, thought you might like it," Hitoshi remarked, still wearing that smile. His soft orchid hair looked even more unruly with the warm breeze, yet in your eyes, he still looked good. The sounds that meshed together were peaceful. The birds sang a delicate melody as they flew from branch to branch above you. The rippling creek sounded like a soft river, the current was smooth and steady. The feeling was ineffable, perhaps only descriable as a dream.

"I remember when we went to that museum," Hitoshi recalled. He laid next to you on the blanket, your eyes gazing up at the clouds as they slowly danced across the sky. You kept looking up, only able to imagine the expression he wore; a dreamy glaze over his violet eyes, his hand covering his mouth to hide his grin, and a stream of joy prompted laughter bubbling up.

"I went to the bathroom and when I came back you were looking at some painting," Hitoshi went on, "I can't remember it, but I remember the look on your face when you waved me over." You heard him laugh ever so slightly. "You were so excited."

"I'm surprised you remember that," You admitted sheepishly.

"I remember it because when you waved me over I realized I was in love with you," Hitoshi explained, reminiscing carelessly. "I just looked at you and all I could think was: that's them, they're the one." You felt your heart swell. The young hero was sarcastic and sharp-witted, but that didn't mean he wasn't a romantic. Hitoshi adored you more than he told you, and he only wished he knew a good way to show it more. He reached out, lacing his fingers with yours gently.

"Hitoshi that's so sweet!" You gushed, feeling a precious smile plaster itself across your face. The young man beside you shrugged, trying to hide the light pink that dusted his cheeks.

"Shut up, you're a dork."