doubtful | denki kaminari angsty fluff [female-reader request]

Prompt: Kaminari and (Y/n) have a little bonfire as Kaminari opens up about some of his insecurities

Warning: Just a doubtful Denki and (I think) that's it

Word count: 621

.・-: ✧ :- Second Person Point of View -: ✧ :-・.

The calming sounds of the crackling campfire filled your ears as you awaited the return of your boyfriend. You were put in charge of sparking up a bonfire, seeing as how no one should ever trust Kaminari with the tools to start a fire. Kaminari was sent back into his parents' house to get a bag of marshmallows for roasting.

"I may or may not have eaten a few on the walk back here," Kaminari admitted as he handed you an already opened bag of marshmallows. You laughed and accepted the sugary goods anyway.

"Do you think using sticks for this is unsanitary?" You asked as Kaminari handed you a sturdy stick to poke through your marshmallow.

"I'm sure it's fine, I've been doing this since I was a kid," Kaminari assured you with a smile.

"Well, that explains a lot," You remarked snarkily and Kaminari pretended to be offended to make you laugh. Kaminari always made you laugh, whether he means to or not. He had this strange ability to manage to make you smile or giggle even in the most unconventional situations. It was his capability to bring sunshine and unfiltered joy and chaos into your life that made you fall for the prevent in the first place.

You and Kaminari started to hold your white sugary pillows over the open flame in his backyard as the crickets chirped. The sun had disappeared behind the horizon and the stars had begun to sparkle in the night sky above your heads. You and your boyfriend sat next to each other, just enjoying one another's company. The wonderfully blissful and peaceful atmosphere was nice, but something had been on Kaminari's mind and he felt the need to ask you about it.

"Hey, um, (Y/n)?" Kaminari began, a little nervous to bring it up.

"Yeah?" You hummed, your eyes still trained on the small fire in front of you. Kaminari shifted slightly.

"D... Do you even like me?" His words caught you very off guard.

"Do I even like you?" You repeated his question in shock. "What are you talking about, of course, I like you."

"I don't know, I just... " Kaminari sighed and fiddled with his fingers. "Sometimes I doubt that a girl like you would actually like me. I mean, come on," Kaminari laughed nervously, "I'm not exactly the kinda guy you bring home to meet your family."

"Denki, you've met my family," You reminded him as your eyebrows furrowed in a confused expression.

"Well, yeah, but it's just a figure of speech," Kaminari stated a bit frustrated. "What I'm saying is that... It's a bit hard to understand why or how you'd like me what I'm just... me. I mean, I'm stupid, I can hardly handle my own quirk, and I'm not even a good guy! I'm just Mineta but taller!"

"That's not true," You said confidently. "Denki, you are a great guy. I like you because you're you. You're goofy and chaotic, but also you're sweet and silly, and really cute... " You laughed and felt your cheeks turn a little red as you thought of all the reasons you loved the stupid boy sitting beside you. "You make me smile and roll my eyes at the same time, and I love that." You scooted closer to your boyfriend and cuddled up beside him. You kissed his cheek and smiled as he blushed.

"I love you," You said. Kaminari was stunned by your statement. That was the first time you ever said you loved him. That was the first time anyone outside of his family ever said they loved him. He grinned and wrapped his arms around you securely.

"I love you too," Kaminari said. "Thanks for reassuring me. I'll never take you for granted, (Y/n), I promise."