not so missing | izuku mydoria angst

prompt: (Y/n) and Izuku were friends in high school but after (Y/n)'s disappeared, things have changed

warning: none

word count: 1022

.・-: ✧ :- second-person point of view -: ✧ :-・.

It had been years. It had been years since you had last seen him; the boy you loved so much. You missed him, truly. You wanted to see him again, his bright optimistic eyes and messy green curls were so prominent in your dreams. You knew he thought you were just missing. After all, that's the cover story you used in order to escape without suspicion. Your case mysteriously went cold one day.

You felt terrible about leaving your boyfriend without an explanation, but you knew Izuku's convictions could never be swayed. He was too far lost in the propaganda. If he knew about your intentions to become a villain, he never would have let you slip out of his grasp. You didn't believe all of them were unredeemable. Some certainly needed a wake-up call.

You would never go after Izuku, not only because you still loved him, but because you knew his intentions were nothing but pure. As for his friends and mentors, you were less than convinced. You began to leave clues, little hints that you were still alive in hopes he would try and find you. You had to lure him in and made sure he thought that he had solved the puzzle himself. 

You were with the League of Villains, so you couldn't bring him to your current hideout. Instead, you ensured you would get to see him again without giving up any valuable information.

"That's the last of them!" Toga cheered, skipping to where you stood, a ways away from the building.

"Good," You told her with a smile. "What's the body count?"

"nine-teen I think," She explained with a cute head-tilt. "I lost count! It was the whole hospital!"

"That's nice," You said somewhat absentmindedly. You knew you were standing out in the open. You were tapping your foot nervously. You thought as soon as Dabi set the place ablaze there'd be a herd of heroes, but no one came. Given, it was on the outskirts of Tokyo, you understood some delay. You were starting to worry Deku wouldn't end up showing up after all. You knew he got put on this investigation, you had eyes and ears everywhere.

"You seem sad," Toga pointed out with a glum look of her own.

"I'm not sad, just disappointed I guess," You sighed, stuffing your hands into your jacket pockets. "I was hoping we'd have some company this time."

"We can call the police if you'd like," Toga offered, her sweet self trying to cheer you up. You smiled pitifully at the girl.

"No, we should go," You stated. "Does Dabi have the medical records?"

"Yep!"

"Alright, then that's that," You shrugged, prepared to leave the scene with your cohorts.

"Stop where you are!" You heard someone shout. You turned around and finally saw some heroes rushing for you. You looked them all over in a matter of seconds and sighed again. None of them was the man you wanted to see. You rolled your eyes and started running off, not bothering to risk getting hurt. You were in a pretty bad mood and just didn't feel like dealing with them.

It wasn't long before you all had successfully retreated--or so you thought. You lagged behind the others, feeling dejected and sulky. You really wanted to see Izuku, and you had been trying to get to him for weeks now. Every attempt of yours seemed to fail. He was one of the top heroes now, you thought it would be easier for him to "catch" you. Just as you let out a frustrated sigh, Toga suddenly screamed,

"Behind you!" You whipped around, only to be knocked to the ground. You stayed put, your fingers wiping away the blood that dripped from your nose. You smirked, becoming really pissed off now. You got to your feet and signaled the others to keep going. Whoever had knocked you down was clearly waiting for something instead of restraining you, so you knew you could handle it.

"Wow, and I was thinking..."  You trialed off when you stood and turned to see who caught up with you. A grin spread across your face as you recognized the hero. Finally!

"It's been so long," You told him sweetly.

"(Y-Y/n)?" Deku stuttered, looking you up and down with wide eyes. You nodded your head, spinning around slowly for him.

"I'm sorry," You apologized. "I really wanted to tell you, but I couldn't. You know how it is."

"How long... Are you... " The shaken man couldn't seem to string together a proper question. You smiled, this time a bit more sadly. He grew into such a handsome adult, you had to admit. He was taller, obviously more built, and he wore an under-cut now, however, he retained his freckles and sparkle-filled eyes. There was nothing you wanted more than to go back to the way things were. You knew you were in too deep to go back now, though.

"I was never missing," You confessed. "I just had to go. I've missed you so much."

"I don't understand," He concluded, shaking his head. "I thought you were..."

"I know," You felt ashamed now. You always imagined seeing him again, but in your fantasies, you never had to have this conversation. You didn't want to hurt him more than you already had. Feeling nothing but shame and heartbreak, you knew you had to leave.

"It was so good to see you again, Izuku," You told him honestly. You gently kissed his nose, him finding himself unable to move.

"We will meet again one day my lovely," You promised with a bitter-sweet smile. As you fled into the night, you left a stunned and heartbroken boy behind you. You felt tears in your eyes as you ran. You never should have tried to see him again. You hadn't expected it to hurt so badly... why did it hurt so badly? The heaviness you felt when you first left was nothing compared to the weight inside of you now. You couldn't face him, never again. You weren't strong enough to do that again, but you made a promise... and you had to keep it. You were a villain, but a woman of your word.

"We will meet again one day, my love. Promise."