slugged | dabi fluff

prompt: turns out, one of the most deadly criminals in Japan likes to cuddle

warning: none

word count: 453

.・-: ✧ :- second-person point of view -: ✧ :-・.

The kettle whistled, swiftly letting you know it was time to prepare your hot beverage. As you stirred the liquid into the first mug, you caught a sideways glance at the clock. It was approaching the time your boyfriend had promised he'd be over. However, he was never on time. Sometimes he was early, sometimes he was late, but never on time.

You deposited the rest of the liquid into the second mug you had set on the counter. You felt a yawn creep up in your throat. You stretched your arms towards the ceiling. Though, your yawn turned into a near-scream when someone's hands grabbed onto your exposed waist. You spun around and knocked him on the side of the head out of instinct.

"Watch it!" Your boyfriend cried, rubbing the spot on his head where your fist had landed.

"You scared me!" You scolded him.

"I honestly didn't think you could hit that hard," Dabi confessed.

"I thought you were some creep who broke into my house," You admitted. "I mean I wasn't completely wrong."

"It's not breaking in if you have a key," Dabi stated.

"Anyways, how have you been?" You asked to try and lift the tension.

"Other than getting slugged by my girl, not too bad," Dabi said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Here," You said as you gestured to the cups you were just preparing. "Do you want some?" He nodded and you handed him the warm cup.

"What are the plans for tonight?" He asked as he accepted the mug you prepared for him.

"I didn't really have any," You explained. "Maybe we can watch a movie or something?"

"Whatever you want," Dabi said with a soft smile. You were happy that he smiled; it showed he felt comfortable and safe around you. You were very close and he showed you a side of himself he didn't show anyone. That made you feel loved, which you desperately needed. You knew he needed it too, so in return, you gave him all the love in the world.

You got comfy on the sofa and turned on Netflix. You flipped through the movies as Dabi joined you. You clicked play and wrapped the throw blanket that was on the sofa around you snugly. Dabi grabbed you and pulled you close to him.

"What do you think you're doing?" You asked in a playful tone as your boyfriend put his arms around you.

"You punched me, it's the least you can do," Dabi stated and you laughed.

"I'm sorry again," You said, snuggling closer to him. He felt warm and easy to cuddle with, It was a bit strange; he looked awfully scary but he liked to hold you close when he could. For someone as dangerous as Dabi was, he sure was cuddly.