cry | hanta sero bittersweet [female-reader request]

Prompt: Sero sees (Y/n) crying

Warning: Strong language like once

Word count: 646

✮*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✧*˚ Second Person point of view ˚*✧˚*•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙*˚✮

A burning tear rolled down your cheek. You didn't like to cry, but everyone reaches their breaking point sometime. You were as strong as you could be for as long as you could have been. You sat on your bed, your knees hugged to your chest as you cried. You were sure the door to your dorm was locked, and you weren't sobbing loud enough for anyone to hear. The last thing you needed was to provide your bullies with more ammunition.

Amidst your broken-hearted tears, you had forgotten all about the plans you made. It suddenly occurred to you, Sero was coming to study with you. Shit. You jumped off your bed and tried to clean yourself up. The last thing you wanted was for the boy you had a crush on to see your tough exterior crack. There was a knock at your door and you unlocked it. Of course, it was Sero. He grinned at you, happy to see you, but that smile soon faltered.

"Hey! Are you okay?" He asked very concernedly. He reached out, trying to gently touch your arm. You moved away, shaking your head.

"I'm fine," You lied, attempting to prevent your voice from breaking. You cleared your throat and let Sero inside. He hesitantly set his bookbag down onto the floor, where you would usually study. Sero did not believe that you were fine. He joined you sitting on your bed.

"(Y/n)," Sero started softly. "I know you're not fine. Have you been crying?" You shook your head, looking away from your worried friend.

"I'm fine!" You shouted, suddenly standing up, turning your back to Sero. You folded your arms over your chest, trying to take a few deep breaths. It was difficult to talk about your feelings. Out of nowhere, you felt two arms wrap around you from behind, holding you tight. Sero was warm and his embrace was comforting.

"You know I'm here for you, right?" Sero asked tenderly. "You don't have to talk if you don't want to, but I'm here." You turned around reluctantly and tucked your arms around his torso. It had been a long time since you last hugged somebody. He smelled nice, too. Sero took you and sat you down back onto the bed.

"Why do you care?" You mumbled under your voice. Sero looked at you confused.

"What do you mean?" He asked, pulling away to look you in the eye.

"Why... Why do you care about me?" You whispered, unable to muster a louder voice. The tears had started again, and you hated it.

"Because you're incredible," Sero told you. "You're really cool, and you're intelligent, and you're so strong too. I like how you're sarcastic, it makes me laugh. I-It's hard to explain why you care about someone." You nodded, returning to the hug. Sero was good at giving hugs, a trait you greatly appreciated. Sero rested his head on top of yours and traced small circles on your back.

"(Y/n) I... " Sero paused, trying to summon the courage he needed. "I like you. A lot." You broke away from the hug rather quickly, looking at him to try and determine if he was joking or being serious. He looked sincere and startled that you pulled away.

"I'm sorry, I know it's a bad time, but I just wanted you to know that," Sero said, awkwardly looking at anywhere but at you.

"No I-I like you too!" You blurted out, your face as red as it could be. "It was just really surprising, I never would've thought that you'd ever feel that way for me, I mean--" Before you could process his movements, Sero gingerly placed his lips against yours. Silent fireworks set off inside your stomach as your hand rested on his chest.

"I know I should've asked first but... I guess I couldn't help it," Sero confessed with a big smile. You laughed and shook your head.

"I don't mind."